Upgraded From Windows 10 Version 1909

fmdog44

After seeing several security warnings and I could not install the updates to fix them I got on the phone with Microsoft yesterday at 4:30PM. The tech took over my computer until around 8:50 PM when the final stages of the install/update was in progress. The tech said she could leave it to me at this point and I finished the process at 9:48 PM. She was very helpful and did 90% of the work. I was very pleased with how professional she was and after and today the computer is running without a single hitch. These days to receive such customer service is rare and very welcome.

A couple of weeks ago, I got messages on my W10 "notification" screen that said some applications on my system had been "blocked". It was about the same time that there were news reports of several companies being "hacked". That evening, I ran a complete manual anti-virus scan with Windows Defender, and it found a couple of discrepancies and eliminated them. Since then, I've seen no other issues. Also, since then, there have been a couple of rather long "updates" to W10....so I suspect that Windows found some troubles, and have taken action to resolve them.

Back