Vaccinated People Less Likely To Spread COVID-19 Virus

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
Even with the Delta variant now present, vaccinated people are less likely to spread COVID-19 to others. Vaccinated people are also more likely to have milder cases if they are infected after the vaccine, and less likely to die from the virus. Covid is not over yet, if you've been vaccinated, please remember to get your booster shot. I had Moderna and will get the Moderna booster, my husband got J&J and will get the Moderna booster if possible for him.

People who are vaccinated against Covid-19 are less likely to spread the virus even if they become infected, a new study finds, adding to a growing body of evidence that vaccines can reduce transmission of the delta variant.

“People who have been vaccinated will have immune systems at the ready that can coat the virus in antibodies much more quickly than unvaccinated people who have to build up an immune response,” Richterman said.

The new study showed that protection against transmission seemed to wane over time, however. After three months, people who had breakthrough infections after being vaccinated with AstraZeneca were just as likely to spread the delta variant as the unvaccinated. While protection against transmission decreased in people who had received the Pfizer vaccine, there was still a benefit when compared with people who were unvaccinated.

Since antibody levels also tend to decrease over time after vaccination, a reduction in protection against transmission is to be expected, Richterman said.

“We know that the amount of antibodies circulating in the blood decreases over time after vaccination, even though the immune memory remains durably robust and is still able to prevent infections, particularly severe infection,” he said. “These circulating antibodies that are immediately available probably play some role in preventing transmission if infected, so I don’t think it’s surprising to see some reduced protection against transmission over time.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...kely-spread-covid-new-research-finds-n1280583

Regardless of all the "hype" and nonsense surrounding these vaccines, we've had good results with the Moderna vaccine, and no problems. We feel far safer going to the stores, etc., without having to "flinch" every time someone nearby coughs or sneezes. The Moderna booster should be available in our area within the next couple of weeks, and we plan on getting it soon thereafter.

Regardless of all the "hype" and nonsense surrounding these vaccines, we've had good results with the Moderna vaccine, and no problems. We feel far safer going to the stores, etc., without having to "flinch" every time someone nearby coughs or sneezes. The Moderna booster should be available in our area within the next couple of weeks, and we plan on getting it soon thereafter.
We feel the same way, it was smart to take advantage of the vaccinations and we plan to get boosters. I understand the Moderna booster for those who received Moderna initially will be a half dose, do you know if that's correct?

My husband said he had heard somewhere on the news that if people like him who had the Johnson&Johnson, may get a full dose of Moderna if they choose that vaccine for their booster, have you heard anything like that? I would like him to get the Moderna booster, the protection is supposed to be much higher than a J&J booster.

Even with the Delta variant now present, vaccinated people are less likely to spread COVID-19 to others. Vaccinated people are also more likely to have milder cases if they are infected after the vaccine, and less likely to die from the virus. Covid is not over yet, if you've been vaccinated, please remember to get your booster shot. I had Moderna and will get the Moderna booster, my husband got J&J and will get the Moderna booster if possible for him.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...kely-spread-covid-new-research-finds-n1280583
Vaccinated people are probably more likely to wear masks than anti-vaxers since anti-vaxers are usually anti-maskers. Masks primarily inhibit the spread of the virus more so than the contraction, unless you're wearing an N95 mask that actually filters out the virus. They're a bit difficult to breathe through. I get a bit out of breath wearing mine when I go grocery shopping. I figure it's a good workout for my lungs, so it doesn't bother me. If I had to wear one all day long — especially in a hot environment — it would probably bother me. I'd wear one of those plastic shields, instead.

We feel the same way, it was smart to take advantage of the vaccinations and we plan to get boosters. I understand the Moderna booster for those who received Moderna initially will be a half dose, do you know if that's correct?

My husband said he had heard somewhere on the news that if people like him who had the Johnson&Johnson, may get a full dose of Moderna if they choose that vaccine for their booster, have you heard anything like that? I would like him to get the Moderna booster, the protection is supposed to be much higher than a J&J booster.

The Moderna Booster is supposed to be "half dose" for those who got the initial 2 Moderna shots. I don't know about the dose for those who got the other brands, but the word seems to be that the Moderna booster will help All brands. Moderna seems to be more effective than the other vaccines....according to all the news I've seen.

This is a good study, not yet peer reviewed but it comes from Oxford and good scientists. They looked at about 140,000 people and found that those vaccinated were less likely to transmit the virus than those not vaccinated. To quote from the original study ( https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.09.28.21264260v1 ):

Conclusions Vaccination reduces transmission of Delta, but by less than the Alpha variant. The impact of vaccination decreased over time. Factors other than PCR-measured viral load are important in vaccine-associated transmission reductions. Booster vaccinations may help control transmission together with preventing infections.

It appears that the benefits start to wear off after just a few months. This is the kind of unbiased work we need.

Vaccinated people are probably more likely to wear masks than anti-vaxers since anti-vaxers are usually anti-maskers. Masks primarily inhibit the spread of the virus more so than the contraction, unless you're wearing an N95 mask that actually filters out the virus. They're a bit difficult to breathe through. I get a bit out of breath wearing mine when I go grocery shopping. I figure it's a good workout for my lungs, so it doesn't bother me. If I had to wear one all day long — especially in a hot environment — it would probably bother me. I'd wear one of those plastic shields, instead.
Yet another asinine assumption. I'm not vaccinated & I wear a mask when shopping indoors because it's required in my county.
Putting people into categories based on their beliefs is a type of prejudice & prejudice is always a display of ignorance.

Yes! It is a widely accepted fact among the medical fraternity that this is true. No question! Without vaccination your chances of survival are drastically and dangerously reduced.

Back