Vaccine injuries question

chic

SF VIP
Were you injured by any of the covid 19 vaccines or boosters? Do you know anyone who was injured by them? Do you think the vaccine injured will ever receive compensation for their medical expenses relating to vaccine injuries?

I was never vaxxed so that is moot. I don't know anyone who was seriously injured by the vaccine. I don't believe those who were injured by the vaccines will receive financial compensation but I hope I am wrong about this. What is your take on it? Pls share.

Vaccine makers are immune from any damages, so if someone is injured by a vaccine, it's just too bad.
They'll just say, "Well, no one forced you to get it." Yeah......just lose your job & can't travel.
Besides, linking the vaccine to an injury may be difficult to prove.
An elderly friend of mine had a heart attack after his first booster. His doctor (of course) said it was unrelated to the vaccine.
His previously-healthy wife has been sick ever since her vaccine - & also had 2 small strokes with no previous history.
It's also moot for me, since I also chose not to get the vaccine. My Covid was far less serious than people I know who were vaccinated.

Vaccine makers are immune from any damages, so if someone is injured by a vaccine, it's just too bad.
They'll just say, "Well, no one forced you to get it." Yeah......just lose your job & can't travel.
Besides, linking the vaccine to an injury may be difficult to prove.
An elderly friend of mine had a heart attack after his first booster. His doctor (of course) said it was unrelated to the vaccine.
His previously-healthy wife has been sick ever since her vaccine - & also had 2 small strokes with no previous history.
It's also moot for me, since I also chose not to get the vaccine. My Covid was far less serious than people I know who were vaccinated.

I think I had covid also in Jan. 2020 before the vaccine or testing. It felt like a flu but not as terrible as many I've had before. I think it may have been covid since I lost my sense of taste for 5 days but it came back. Eating healthy organic food for half of my lifetime helped me I am sure. I agree the vacciine injured probably will have trouble getting compensation but as the narrative crumbles, things may change.

How would I ever know if I was injured by a vaccine? All I know is that I didn’t die from Covid or get seriously sick from the virus.
I only had one vaccine and one booster though.

I don’t know anyone personally that got injured or seriously ill from it nor do I personally know anyone who died from it or from Covid.

Then again, I neither have the education or the information to figure any of that out. It’s way over my head but I am interested to know what Switzerland thinks. They are often ahead of the game when it comes to health.

Several people I know refused to take the mRNA vaccine. None of my kids took any of the vaccines because they were worried what was going to happen to them in the future, ie. their health or of any kids they would ever have. Not enough study was done on them. I stand my their decision & I believe it was a good one.

As I said before, Hubby & I had the initial two shots, but won't ever get any Covid booster or any other vaccine like this ever again.

The people who had problems should be compensated, but probably won't be.

At first, it was my understanding the companies were being 100% reimbursed by the government for vaccine production & thus not liable for damages because this was a time of need (not sure if I worded it well). When I found out they were going to make money & I thought it was wrong to be given immunity from any potential lawsuit. IMHO, it was also wrong for them not to reimburse the money the government gave them while they've made billions from our tax dollars.

The people who lost their jobs because they wouldn't take poorly tested vaccines should be compensated as well by the ones who did this too them.

Several people I know refused to take the mRNA vaccine. None of my kids took any of the vaccines because they were worried what was going to happen to them in the future, ie. their health or of any kids they would ever have. Not enough study was done on them. I stand my their decision & I believe it was a good one.

As I said before, Hubby & I had the initial two shots, but won't ever get any Covid booster or any other vaccine like this ever again.

The people who had problems should be compensated, but probably won't be.

At first, it was my understanding the companies were being 100% reimbursed by the government for vaccine production & thus not liable for damages because this was a time of need (not sure if I worded it well). When I found out they were going to make money & I thought it was wrong to be given immunity from any potential lawsuit. IMHO, it was also wrong for them not to reimburse the money the government gave them while they've made billions from our tax dollars.

The people who lost their jobs because they wouldn't take poorly tested vaccines should be compensated as well by the ones who did this too them.

It was "emergency use authorization." I agree people who lost their jobs should be compensated. It depends on how we react to this and how much pressure we put upon those who did it to us. That will be a factor in the outcome. It should, anyway.

Then again, I neither have the education or the information to figure any of that out. It’s way over my head but I am interested to know what Switzerland thinks. They are often ahead of the game when it comes to health.
There is another thread discussing this, but in a nutshell as I understand it the Swiss have decided that for the Swiss population vaccination is becoming less important and many don't need it.

Their reasons are that most Swiss have already had the vaccine or have natural immunity and the new Covid strains are less harmful. I think that probably makes sense, and agree the Swiss are pretty good at this kind of thing.

I asked ChatGPT what kind of person believes in conspiracy theories. This is what it gave me:

Research suggests that certain psychological and sociological characteristics may increase the likelihood of someone believing in conspiracy theories.

One key factor is a general distrust of authority figures and institutions, such as the government, media, and scientific community. People who feel marginalized or powerless may also be more likely to believe in conspiracies, as they may view them as a way to explain or justify their situation.

Additionally, individuals who are prone to cognitive biases, such as confirmation bias and hindsight bias, may be more susceptible to accepting and spreading conspiracy theories. They may also be more likely to seek out information that confirms their pre-existing beliefs and ignore evidence that contradicts them.

Social networks and group dynamics can play a role in the adoption of conspiracy theories. People may be more likely to believe in conspiracies if they are surrounded by others who do, and if those beliefs are reinforced by a strong sense of group identity.

A 2018 study published in the journal PLOS ONE found that individuals with higher levels of education were less likely to believe in conspiracy theories related to the government and terrorism. The study also found that education was associated with greater critical thinking skills, which may help individuals evaluate information more objectively and resist the influence of conspiracy theories.

Another study published in the journal Applied Cognitive Psychology in 2020 found that individuals with higher levels of education were less likely to believe in conspiracy theories related to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the study also found that education was not a significant predictor of belief in other types of conspiracy theories, such as those related to the 9/11 attacks or the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

Unfortunately, when it comes to Covid, there is a strong political component - right from the beginning. As a person with a medical background, I find it depressingly sad to find so much potentially life threatening negative information disseminated about the vaccines.
I grant you most of the CEOs of Big Pharma are consumed with greed, but I don't believe that is true for most of the lower level scientists doing the actual work - who actually wanted to find a way to prevent the spread.

There is another thread discussing this, but in a nutshell as I understand it the Swiss have decided that for the Swiss population vaccination is becoming less important and many don't need it.

Their reasons are that most Swiss have already had the vaccine or have natural immunity and the new Covid strains are less harmful. I think that probably makes sense, and agree the Swiss are pretty good at this kind of thing.
Yes! I saw that thread and found it very interesting. When the Covid vaccine came out, I didn’t know if I could take it. I couldn’t get any of the other mandatory vaccines when I was a kid due to the preservative they used. It could be fatal for me so I had to do a lot of research and talk to doctors before getting it.

Until a few weeks ago, I hadn’t had a cold in about 8 years which surprises me since I have autoimmune disorders. It’s been my understanding that building up natural immunity is better but I don’t know enough about it. I do however think that people who keep there homes completely sterile aren’t doing their immune system any favours. Apparently that’s why wealthy countries have far more allergies such as hay fever , asthma etc., than third world countries. Don’t quote me on that though since I’m not completely sure. There’s conflicting evidence like most things in life.

Yes! I saw that thread and found it very interesting. When the Covid vaccine came out, I didn’t know if I could take it. I couldn’t get any of the other mandatory vaccines when I was a kid due to the preservative they used. It could be fatal for me so I had to do a lot of research and talk to doctors before getting it.

Until a few weeks ago, I hadn’t had a cold in about 8 years which surprises me since I have autoimmune disorders. It’s been my understanding that building up natural immunity is better but I don’t know enough about it. I do however think that people who keep there homes completely sterile aren’t doing their immune system any favours. Apparently that’s why wealthy countries have far more allergies such as hay fever , asthma etc., than third world countries. Don’t quote me on that though since I’m not completely sure. There’s conflicting evidence like most things in life.

That's very interesting.

Can't prove anything usually. I don't know if losing partial sight in one of my eyes was caused by the vaccine booster. It happened after the booster but I didn't go to the eye doctor right away which would be typical for me. Compensation. No. That wouldn't happen

Many people have experienced fairly severe reactions to the vaccine, but for all but maybe a handful, they were back to normal after a week or two.

Compare that to the millions who died or got so sick they had to be hospitalized and are now suffering from debilitating long-covid and can no longer work or do much of anything.

I guess "long-covid" is another government fabricated conspiracy theory propagated in an effort to control us.

Many people have experienced fairly severe reactions to the vaccine, but for all but maybe a handful, they were back to normal after a week or two.

Compare that to the millions who died or got so sick they had to be hospitalized and are now suffering from debilitating long-covid and can no longer work or do much of anything.

I guess "long-covid" is another government fabricated conspiracy theory propagated in an effort to control us.
"for all but maybe a handful, they were back to normal after a week or two."
^^^^
Nice confidence booster - based on your own reality. :giggle:

Reality is death rates even for non-Covid causes are higher for the unvaccinated than for vaccinated people.

No question that the vaccine has killed some people, however it saves more lives than it takes or the statistics would be different. Hard to argue with. I understand that it is difficult to find unbiased Covid death rates, but total death rate is pretty easy to accurately determine. Few questionable reports of death.

A good analogy is seatbelt use. We know seatbelts sometimes kill people, its well documented. However overall you are more likely to have your life saved by a seatbelt so we accept seatbelt use and laws requiring it.

These are a few examples of places you can look to find the data, I've cited these and more in previous threads:

A safety study evaluating non-COVID-19 mortality risk following COVID-19 vaccination
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9763207/

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/...eaths-by-vaccination-status?country=~All+ages

Last edited:
Update. Two of my vaxxed and boosted relatives have developed rectal bleeding suddenly and both are scheduled for colonoscopies this month. SIL was boosted and never even told anyone. My cuz in NY took both vaccines and two boosters. I hope it's not serious. SIL is worried that it could be the vax cuz she took Pfizer and had negative reactions each time. Will update. To this point I never knew anyone with a vax injury. This is really sad news. It may not be serious. But it's worrisome.

2 vaccinations and 2 boosters for both of us. No injuries. I have a pretty large circle of friends/acquaintances from my previous career and I haven't heard about any of them being injured from the vaccine.
That is my situation too. Yesterday I authorised a fifth Covid shot and a flu vaccination for Hubby who is now in the vulnerable position in a nursing home. I will also receive my boosters soon as we move toward Winter.

In all my life, during which I have been immunised for just about everything on offer, I have never had any severe reaction to anything that was injected into my arm.

My only adverse reaction to medication was a tendency to start coughing when I lay down to sleep at night. This was for a medication containing a statin. The doctor just switched me to a different drug and no further problem.

I know that allergies are a factor in adverse reactions and until you have a reaction you won't know you have the allergy. Should we blame the drug or the allergy? In the case of blood clots caused by the contraceptive pill, I would blame the drug. I remember when children with egg allergies could not receive certain immunisation injections (polio?) because of the method of production. Later when an oral vaccine was developed they could safely be immunised.

One thing I do believe is that the makers of vaccines are not reckless and that every possible precaution is taken to ensure that the product is as safe as it can possibly be. I also believe that many lives are saved every year as the result of public health programs involving vaccination.

Two of my vaxxed and boosted relatives have developed rectal bleeding suddenly... SIL is worried that it could be the vax cuz she took Pfizer and had negative reactions each time.
It's quite rare, but it does happen. 171 cases out of the hundreds of millions vaccinated. Other causes are more likely, but the vaccine is a remote possibility.

Gastrointestinal Complications of COVID-19 Vaccines
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9097558/

How would I ever know if I was injured by a vaccine? All I know is that I didn’t die from Covid or get seriously sick from the virus.
I only had one vaccine and one booster though.

I don’t know anyone personally that got injured or seriously ill from it nor do I personally know anyone who died from it or from Covid.

The most-reported injuries are blood clots, embolisms, and myocarditis. If you had one of these injuries, you would know. You'd experience chest pain, severe leg pain, severe neck pain, a mild to moderate cardiac event, difficulty breathing, or, at worst, a stroke.

The most-reported injuries are blood clots, embolisms, and myocarditis. If you had one of these injuries, you would know. You'd experience chest pain, severe leg pain, severe neck pain, a mild to moderate cardiac event, difficulty breathing, or, at worst, a stroke.
Nah. All I had was what felt like a punch to the arm and maybe hot & cold sweats for a few days. That’s it. Thanks for the info though. 💕

Reality is death rates even for non-Covid causes are higher for the unvaccinated than for vaccinated people.

No question that the vaccine has killed some people, however it saves more lives than it takes or the statistics would be different. Hard to argue with. I understand that it is difficult to find unbiased Covid death rates, but total death rate is pretty easy to accurately determine. Few questionable reports of death.

A good analogy is seatbelt use. We know seatbelts sometimes kill people, its well documented. However overall you are more likely to have your life saved by a seatbelt so we accept seatbelt use and laws requiring it.

These are a few examples of places you can look to find the data, I've cited these and more in previous threads:

A safety study evaluating non-COVID-19 mortality risk following COVID-19 vaccination
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9763207/

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/...eaths-by-vaccination-status?country=~All+ages
Most of the people who died after receiving covid vaccination probably should not have been vaccinated. The vaccine should have been given only to people in the known vulnerability groups, and they were identified early on - the aged and infirm, people with certain comorbidity such as obesity and severe diabetes, and people with immunosuppressive diseases.

Those were the people most likely to die from Covid and that was known before the end of 2020.

Back