Vacuum Cleaner Recommendations

I've been buying Shark uprights for several years...they are
self propelled somewhat and also can shut off the self propel...
they worked good for my bad back & hips....(on a side note I tried selling Kirby for a living...liked to starve to death LOL)
I know what you mean about the Kirby's; I got to where I couldn't use it at all--got me in the back & hips since it was so heavy--but my huzz just loved it so I'd use my cordless Hoover TaskVac. He says we can get something lighter than the Kirby this time, thank goodness.

I have a Miele cannister for about 20 years now. It's great, never a problem. I had a Kirby years ago and loved it, aside from the weight. Then an Electrolux and loved that too. If I had to buy another, I think I would get the Miele Upright.

I have a friend who bought a Dyson a few years ago. She had quite a bit of trouble with it and the repair shop owner said he "loved" Dyson's because they kept him busy.

I have a generic upright.. it's rubbish.... I have a Miele Cat & Dog cannister Vac, that's the best thing since sliced bread....however it's heavy to carry up the stairs, so I got a hand held vac for the stairs... .. My daughter has the Shark Vertex pro.., she loves it..especially as she has 3 dogs, it works extremely well

Well, our old Kirby upright vacuum cleaner died. We want another upright. Has anyone bought a good one recently?
This was the last one I bought, I think it was in '19, a Shark, and still happy with it. I always used bagged vacuums before this, you still have to empty the holding canister into the trash, but it's not too bad, and it's nice to see all the dust you pick up at every vacuuming.....amazing.

It's not really lightweight, but not heavy either. I bought a lightweight Oreck years back and it was an expensive piece of junk, too lightweight to pick up the dirt and kept going through belts that needed replacement.
https://www.seniorforums.com/threads/what-have-you-bought-recently.42032/#post-1069254

Ditto for a Shark upright. We always had Oreck vacuum cleaners, but they are expensive to buy and expensive to repair. When our last one had issues the Oreck dealer said they no longer carried that model so I would need to buy a new one. All the research I did recommended Shark, so I bought one. It's great.

We had a big Dyson for nearly 20 years, but it's transmission finally went bad, plus it was becoming too heavy and bulky for my wife. We wound up buying a Bissel Powerclean swivel which does a real good job, and is much easier to use. Plus, it only cost about $150.

Back