Vandalism - - -

A little before I turned 5 years old I put a pebble about the diameter of a dime on the railroad track thinking it would cause the train to wreck.

Then afterwards I felt guilty about it and told my parents, but they didn't seem all that concerned and wouldn't take me back so I could remove it. It was on our trip out west. I forget which state we were in. But if there is any record of a train wreck somewhere out west in the early part of 1952, it might have been my fault.

A little before I turned 5 years old I put a pebble about the diameter of a dime on the railroad track thinking it would cause the train to wreck.

Then afterwards I felt guilty about it and told my parents, but they didn't seem all that concerned and wouldn't take me back so I could remove it. It was on our trip out west. I forget which state we were in. But if there is any record of a train wreck somewhere out west in the early part of 1952, it might have been my fault.
WE kids used to put pennies on the track and they'd get "enlarged " as the train passed over them. There were more trains running back then in the 40's, we all had bikes, and it was only a couple of miles from the house. It was a local line and all steam engines as I remember.

WE kids used to put pennies on the track and they'd get "enlarged " as the train passed over them. There were more trains running back then in the 40's, we all had bikes, and it was only a couple of miles from the house. It was a local line and all steam engines as I remember.
Ditto.....

Back