Vaseline Glass

Probably when my mom and I used to go to garage sales every weekend. I doubt you'd find any these day outside an antique shop.
I like to do garage, estate sales and even frequent antique shops and don't remember seeing anything like that. Thanks for sharing, now I know what to look for.

Cool. But antique glass that glows has Uranium in it. It isn't, by any chance, damaged is it? Here's what I read.

"Uranium glass, or any dishware made with uranium in it or coated on it, is safe to use IF it is undamaged. Although not ideal to use if there are other options, there is no imminent danger that comes from using uranium glass, as the radiation level in the glass is generally too low to cause any actual harm."
Is Uranium Glass Safe to Use? - Antique Answers https://antiqueanswers.com › is-uranium-glass-safe-to-use

Although the amount of uranium you'll leach out of a uranium glass is pathetically small,” “as a general rule, [you] don't uptake radioactive material you don't have to do.” In fact, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency recommends not eating or drinking out of uranium glassware at all.May 17, 2021

The Collectors Who Hunt Down Radioactive Glassware

Cool. But antique glass that glows has Uranium in it. It isn't, by any chance, damaged is it? Here's what I read.

"Uranium glass, or any dishware made with uranium in it or coated on it, is safe to use IF it is undamaged. Although not ideal to use if there are other options, there is no imminent danger that comes from using uranium glass, as the radiation level in the glass is generally too low to cause any actual harm."
Is Uranium Glass Safe to Use? - Antique Answers https://antiqueanswers.com › is-uranium-glass-safe-to-use
Although the amount of uranium you'll leach out of a uranium glass is pathetically small,” “as a general rule, [you] don't uptake radioactive material you don't have to do.” In fact, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency recommends not eating or drinking out of uranium glassware at all.May 17, 2021

The Collectors Who Hunt Down Radioactive Glassware
Imagine having to sit there at the table eating your dinner with a geiger counter continuously switched on. 😊

I got an inexpensive UV light at WalMart. It looks like a small flashlight, but unless you have many pieces to analyze, probably not worth it to you.
Thanks but I don't think I'll bother. I buy something if I like it and it doesn't matter to me if it glows. I think this one might but if it didn't, I like it anyway and for 3 dollars...

Back