Vintage Surprise

hearlady

Ready for Spring!
When the family cleaned out my Mother in Law's house I acquired a box of Greeting cards. There were some that looked old and I really like them.
The rest were the type that you're sent from charities hoping for a donation. There were lots of them and they looked dated.
I started to go through them and picked out some cute ones. I was going to throw away the rest but as I looked I realized that they were made in the years my kids were born, the eighties. I've been sending them for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. and pointed out that they were made in their birth year.
Guess what? My kids think they're cool! To them they are Vintage.
I've also been sending some to my grandkids as I always planned to send them postal mail, something I don't think kids know about these days. I still Skype etc. but my daughter says they love getting mail from Grandma just to say hi.
So glad I didn't toss them.

I still have a small card that my grandmother sent me when I graduated from HS. It came with a $5 bill, and is signed "Gram". ....the $5 bill....long gone!

When the family cleaned out my Mother in Law's house I acquired a box of Greeting cards. There were some that looked old and I really like them.
The rest were the type that you're sent from charities hoping for a donation. There were lots of them and they looked dated.
I started to go through them and picked out some cute ones. I was going to throw away the rest but as I looked I realized that they were made in the years my kids were born, the eighties. I've been sending them for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. and pointed out that they were made in their birth year.
Guess what? My kids think they're cool! To them they are Vintage.
I've also been sending some to my grandkids as I always planned to send them postal mail, something I don't think kids know about these days. I still Skype etc. but my daughter says they love getting mail from Grandma just to say hi.
So glad I didn't toss them.

What nice way to use these old cards. I'm glad your family likes them... so much fun.

Back