Waiting 4-6 Weeks For Insurance Quotes

fmdog44

Got quoted $9,600 for two dental implants but the person at the office said she would call the insurance company for an estimate of what they will cover but it will take 4-6 weeks for an exact amount covered. That seems odd to me.

His office called yesterday saying they will discount 10% with a credit card or 15% with a check but still nothing from the insurance company.

Implants are great, just very costly.

My old teeth are reaching the end of their life. I have checked on the price of a mouthful of implants, and between pulling the rest of my teeth, and getting a full set of implants, the quotes I've received are well over $75,000. Dental insurance is of little value for such procedures....I'd almost need to win Powerball to justify such a cost.
I suspect that if I lose any more teeth, I will just go to Aspen Dental, and get a set of dentures. That will likely last until I'm too old to chew.

Got quoted $9,600 for two dental implants but the person at the office said she would call the insurance company for an estimate of what they will cover but it will take 4-6 weeks for an exact amount covered. That seems odd to me.
that seems like a very long time for a quote/ estimate of what insurance will cover .....
unfortunately if people want answers or results they have to put in the time to make sure the insurance company does their darn job...
like that so many places these days ... it is up to the person to remind them as a customer YOU are in charge and they have been paid by premiums to actually DO things like provide information.
I would call and inquire and move up the chain until someone has a clear answer of what is covered OR a realisic time frame.

Here's an article from Forbes on the cost of dental implants from June 2021:

https://www.forbes.com/health/body/how-much-dental-implants-cost/

"Overall, implants are a lifetime investment and are priced accordingly. Levin estimates the total cost per tooth, start to finish, normally runs between $3,000 and $4,500, and a person who needs a mouthful of implants is looking at a final price of between $60,000 and $90,000.

The main reason that there’s no standard price is because no two procedures are the same. “Unlike a single service, like a filling, implant fees are assessed on the type and complexity of the work,” he says.

In other words, variables like whether you have a CT scan done in the preliminary exam or require a sinus lift or bone graft—and what kind of bone graft—all affect the final price."

His office called yesterday saying they will discount 10% with a credit card or 15% with a check but still nothing from the insurance company.
The dentist's request is sitting on a reviewer's desk at the insurance company. Call the company and ask who's reviewing the dentist's request for a quote. Tell them a 2-week wait is absolutely out of the question due to pain (or whatever).

Back