Waiting.....the imponderables of life...

If I know in advance I will be waiting, I have always brought a paperback book with me that would fit in my purse. Now I carry my Kindle. This might sound strange, but something I have always done when stuck in a waiting room full of people (or not) is to time travel in my mind. I think about my grandmother's old house and imagine all the furniture and layout of it. Sometimes I imagine a different house like the ones I lived in. I know it is a weird thing to do but I have always done it.

I'm not fond of long lines like at Walmart. I know they offer self checkout but, I don't think it's right to make the customers do what they got paid for all this time before this technology. But, 30 min in line is ridiculous. If they see that no one wants to use the self checkout and the lines at the registers are that long...why don't they come help us?

I don’t mind waiting for the next interesting life experience that I’ll have. Usually though, they just happen at random and so I don’t really know that I’m waiting. These forums are interesting and until I found them and all of you here with me, I had no idea that this was something I’d been waiting for. I’m not always patient and since I’m not young anymore, I guess I’m waiting to find out what’s next to happen. Whatever it is, I hope it’s at least pleasant.

Whoa, just whoa:

I live in a town of 16K-how come were stuck with one dept store: your ubiquitous Wal-Marts?

Go to Wal-Mart, prepare yourself to stand in line; go to Home Depot in the same town-they always
have ample cashiers.
As already mentioned, if their going to take your money you should not be forced to wait!

I really don't mind waiting if I can sit down only because my legs bother me if I stand to long in one place. The exception is in a doctors office. The longer I wait the more anxious I get.
I keep going over and over what I'm going to tell him until it gets so screwed up I don't know what I'm going to say.

I really don't mind waiting if I can sit down only because my legs bother me if I stand to long in one place. The exception is in a doctors office. The longer I wait the more anxious I get.
I keep going over and over what I'm going to tell him until it gets so screwed up I don't know what I'm going to say.
I carry a little spiral notebook where I jot down what I want to tell the doctor. This speeds up the whole process of seeing and explaining -- and I can also jot down the doctor's response.

There are two places I hate waiting.
In traffic.
In line at a bank when there are several windows with no one there.

I carry a couple of magazines with me to read while at the doctors. I then leave them for other patients as the doctors are old and mine are current. I only get Southern Living and Readers Digest.

Back