Watch: Woman, 96, bowls a 300 game at Pennsylvania alley

A 96-year-old Pennsylvania has become the first person at her local bowling alley to roll a "no tap 300," meaning she knocked down at least nine pins in each frame.

Sara Lyons, who will be 97 on Nov. 30, was bowling at Kennedy Lanes in McKees Rocks when she finished her game with a score of 300 -- becoming the first person to do so at the alley.

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2020/0...300-game-at-Pennsylvania-alley/7051600881724/

It was pointed out for it to go in to bowling records the ball must weigh 16 pounds. True or false I don't know.

We used to bowl quite a bit when we lived in St. Louis. Dave almost bowled a 300. The alleys got soooo quiet for his last couple of frames. Alas, the pressure got to him. I've never heard of a ball weight requirement. If anything, it's harder to bowl a high score with a light ball.

YOU GO GIRL!! I was on a couple of leagues for many years and I made lifelong friends there. We bowled in many tournaments, the most fun being in Vegas. Ohhhh the fun we had and up until Covid we met for lunch every Tues. We all stopped bowling in our 60's and now I see we gave up far too soon.
My highest game ever was 285 with a 16lb. ball. Now I'm getting itchy for the bowling alley to open again and I'll call the girls!!

Back