Watercolor Paintings

rcleary171

I enjoy watercolor paintings so I decided to give it a try and see what I could produce. It's very challenging and requires a lot of patience (which I don't have much of). I set this tread up to share my work. If you also dabble in watercolors please feel free to post you work here. It's always helpful to share feedback and exchange ideas.

Confederate Trooper with Pistol.jpg

I enjoy watercolor paintings so I decided to give it a try and see what I could produce. It's very challenging and requires a lot of patience (which I don't have much of). I set this tread up to share my work. If you also dabble in watercolors please feel free to post you work here. It's always helpful to share feedback and exchange ideas.

View attachment 149913
RCleary, Beautifu; work!

View attachment 149913
So many talented people on this forum, great to see .

I see - it would appear you have reached a high level of artistic skill. The flowers are wonderful and I love the distant gothic church. I would like to see you repost the ship as it is a bit blurry. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you. The ship picture was given to my in laws so I don’t have another picture of it but oddly enough my husband liked the picture so much he asked me to do the same picture for him but not as bright so I did.
A97FC285-83D9-4895-BA7D-04F9FFE2B0CD.jpeg

How long have you been painting?
I think your shadowing effects are incredibly good. Overlapped shadowing is the major part of water colouring and you do that much better than I do.
I started about 6 years ago. I should have taken lessons but I just walked into AC Moore and purchased what seemed to be needed. Now I'm afraid to relearn my technique so I'll just do what I enjoy. As for the overlapped shadowing, much of it is experimental and most of the times I produce mud.

Back