What age were your parents when they died?

Dad, 82 died from complications from Lymes Disease.
Mom, 82 her body just wore out. On her death bed she was still worried about me. I love my mom.❤

My father was 42. (1970)
(murdered by a teenager who’s now deceased)
Mother ...unknown cause of death at 61 ( 1984) it’s sort of strange both died on June 26th

Last edited:
My mom was 70. Still worked full time and mega overtime. Went out dancing nearly every night and bowled in a league on Sundays. Had Mononucleosis when she was 68. That`s a "kid`s" disease. She just wore herself out,I think. Heart attack on her way to work on a Monday morning. 1991
My dad was 65. Was diabetic but did not even attempt to control it. It destroyed his heart muscle. He was also a heavy smoker but doc said that had nothing to do with it-it was 100% the diabetes. 1984

My old man crapped out of a heart attack at 45. My mom did the same at 53. So that's an average of 49 years. I'm 72. So the way I figure it, I've had my 49 plus 23 of somebody else's. Maybe yours. And If I drop dead before my next keystroke I still leave the table a winner. :cool:

My parents were both 78 when they died. But my father was born in 1885, and my mother was born in 1903, so they both had longer lives than most of others born at that time.

Between them, they had 17 children, and only my youngest brother, now aged 84 and I survive.

Mother - 61 (1987,colon & liver cancer)
Father - 88 (2010, renal failure after many yrs on dialysis)
Mom,49 after a long history of heart issues.
Dad,51 died in his sleep,he snored like a bear I believe it was sleep apnea but who knew in 1969?

Back