What Are Some of Your Hobbies? I Love Crocheting

There are so many things I love to do, that I can barely fit them in with all the mundane things of life that take up so much time.
Water coloring - Dover Watercolor Books and the real thing.
Color booking (love the glitter and metallic pencils and watercolors)
Qigong
Weightlifting
Walking
Sit and Be Fit for Brain, Balance, Vestibular and Lymph Benefits
Landscaping/Flower Gardening
Music
Sewing
Feeding and Watching the Fur and Feather Babies
Origami
Beading and Jewelry Making (Especially Soft Jewelry)
Clothing Embellishment
Multiple types of Meditation
Multiple Spiritual Practices and Comparative Religion
Astral Physics, Neurology and Quantum Physics

Last edited:
As an owner of four houses, for over thirty-two years, one either comes to enjoy all DIY tasks that come with the same, or spends a fortune on low quality, unreliable repair people. I opted for the former.
We built this big joint and hub is 6'4"...didn't bend that well, so even though he did all of his own plumbing for this 6 bathroom menopause manor, he never learned to enjoy it. Glad we got "Darrell and his other brother Darrell" now to remodel when needed...lol. Good for you, accepting the inevitable and adapting so well.

We built this big joint and hub is 6'4"...didn't bend that well, so even though he did all of his own plumbing for this 6 bathroom menopause manor, he never learned to enjoy it. Glad we got "Darrell and his other brother Darrell" now to remodel when needed...lol. Good for you, accepting the inevitable and adapting so well.
Six bathrooms?? Please tell me that more than just you and hub live there! Hmm....Maybe you guys run a B&B, or hold Hide & Go Seek competitions, there?

Last edited:
my hobbies are anything to do with exercise or the the outdoors....
fishing, photography, walking....but that all changed since hubbys stroke,
i still walk , and have turned a bedroom into a gym....but miss my fishing ...😢

Six bathrooms?? Please tell me that more than just you and hub live there! Hmm....Maybe you guys run a B&B, or hold Hide & Go Seek competitions, there?
Well, if you listen to my hub tell you why we have 6 bathrooms...like one in the garage, 2 in the upstairs two bedroom apt. and then only 3 in the main house, it sounds more "normal" doesn't it...lol. We do have 12 acres and there is a "retreat" house on the road already so a B & B wouldn't be out of the question. Got a good friend that calls this place "the resort". We did have two "moms" living here with us though. With 4 adults, we didn't get in each other's hair. And lots of family, extended family and friends visiting. Its a very nice open floor plan. Had a wedding here with over a hundred folks and lots of employee functions. Never want to have another wedding though. That was a trip!

Did have movie studio facilities that wanted to rent it for movie staging. Long story there. The back two bedrooms are "open" with only 3 walls - lots of big windows make it easy for shooting. Hub had a fit...lol. Cops/ firemen do come to "site in". Hub is a Fire Commissioner.

Well, if you listen to my hub tell you why we have 6 bathrooms...like one in the garage, 2 in the upstairs two bedroom apt. and then only 3 in the main house, it sounds more "normal" doesn't it...lol. We do have 12 acres and there is a "retreat" house on the road already so a B & B wouldn't be out of the question. Got a good friend that calls this place "the resort". We did have two "moms" living here with us though. With 4 adults, we didn't get in each other's hair. And lots of family, extended family and friends visiting. Its a very nice open floor plan. Had a wedding here with over a hundred folks and lots of employee functions. Never want to have another wedding though. That was a trip!

Did have movie studio facilities that wanted to rent it for movie staging. Long story there. The back two bedrooms are "open" with only 3 walls - lots of big windows make it easy for shooting. Hub had a fit...lol. Cops/ firemen do come to "site in". Hub is a Fire Commissioner.
Thanks! I thought there must be more to the story, and you totally cleared me up on it. I sincerely, and greatly, appreciate it.

I had visions of some Tara with one couple living there, running from bathroom to bathroom, doing odd stuff, and sleeping in six different bedrooms, depending on the day of the week!

Thanks! I thought there must be more to the story, and you totally cleared me up on it. I sincerely, and greatly, appreciate it.

I had visions of some Tara with one couple living there, running from bathroom to bathroom, doing odd stuff, and sleeping in six different bedrooms, depending on the day of the week!
Nope, just 3 folks that had a curious combination of skill (husband is an EE), strength, ignorance and stupidity...throw in a big big handful of determination, consistency and persistency. Never had a mortgage...just had "sweat equity" and it was a blast that took 3 years...lol.

Laughingly told husband about it and he said "you told wrong, we have 7 bathrooms...oh yeah, forgot the downstairs powder room in the main house. Sorry!

I have ZERO ability to Knit and Chrochet with the needles!
What is a knitting machine?
I use a small knitting Spool and Loom but, as you know, the shapes and sizes I can make with these are very limited. And very slow to make anything.
I have ZERO ability to Knit and Chrochet with the needles!
What is a knitting machine?
I use a small knitting Spool and Loom but, as you know, the shapes and sizes I can make with these are very limited. And very slow to make anything.
a knitting machine that i have youput yarn thru the needles and turn a handle for so many stitches and in 30 minutes you can make a hat///they also have a cheaper machine that does real good

I have done many crafts through the years~
Sewing
Stained glass crafting~lamps and windows
Bottle cutting and crafting
Jewelry making~gem setting and beading
Photography and scrapbooking
We are taking up biking~husband has an electric bike and we're getting me an electric trike.
RVing and travel
Painting and drawing
Natural cosmetics, Herbal healing, Growing Herbs
Computer Crafts, Calligraphy, and Paper Crafting
Dollhouse and miniature crafts
Candle making
Floral arranging
As arthritis does a number on my hands, some of my skills have slipped. I'm curtailing some hobbies as they become more difficult to do well.

I used to play jazz cornet and guitar but eventually the arthritis in my hands and fingers made it impossible for me to play at the level I wanted. I thought I had dealt with that loss pretty well but several nights ago I was watching a video of a group knocking out a tune I used to love to play. As I got caught up in the video, I was surprised to feel tears running down my cheeks. Guess I miss it more than I realized.

I don't really have any hobbies these days. I tried to get back into Amateur Radio last year but it is boring now with computers eliminating the skill that used to be involved in building equipment and making international contacts.

Back