What Are You Craving Lately?

Ruthanne

SF VIP
My mother used to say that when you have a taste for something that it means your body needs it in some way. I don't know if it's true or not but I do get the food I get a taste for. I've been craving shrimp very often lately. Tonight I bought some and previously I ordered it from the restaurants. I don't know what I need that's in shrimp but I will eat it and enjoy!

Have you had a taste for something lately? What is it?

Generally this time of year I crave watermelon, one of my favorite fruits. It is impossible to find a good melon this time of year and within the next couple of months I will be craving Jersey tomatoes, There is no substitute for a red, ripe, right off the vine, Jersey tomato anywhere in the world and that's a fact.

What Are You Craving Lately?​

My mother used to say that when you have a taste for something that it means your body needs it in some way. I don't know if it's true or not but I do get the food I get a taste for.
I crave most junk food. In my case I think your mother was wrong....

Shrimp are good for you, and taste good. My favorite are boiled and pealed at the table. How do you like them?

Ever have a craving for some food, but have no idea what that food is? .... I know this sounds crazy.
I will look thru everything I have in my kitchen cupboards and fridge, and see nothing that I want..

So then I go to the grocery store, and don't see anything that could 'hit the spot' either, and I get so disappointed with myself!

Would just love some of those Jersey tomatoes @Ruth n Jersey 😁 ....
... that is part of my problem with cravings - I remember how food used to taste, and way too many things have lost their flavor from the past.
Talk about empty calories! ..lol

Ever have a craving for some food, but have no idea what that food is? .... I know this sounds crazy.
I will look thru everything I have in my kitchen cupboards and fridge, and see nothing that I want..

So then I go to the grocery store, and don't see anything that could 'hit the spot' either, and I get so disappointed with myself!

Would just love some of those Jersey tomatoes @Ruth n Jersey 😁 ....
... that is part of my problem with cravings - I remember how food used to taste, and way too many things have lost their flavor from the past. Talk about empty calories! ..lol
When that happens to me, I start to graze and nothing seems to satisfy me.

Shrimp are bad for your cholesterol
No, Dog, that's been proven false.
From an article on healthline.com...

"Years ago, shrimp was considered to be taboo for people who have heart disease or are watching their cholesterol numbers. That’s because a small serving of 3.5 ounces supplies about 200 milligrams (mg) of cholesterol. For people at high risk for heart disease, that amounts to a full day’s allotment. For everyone else, 300 mg is the limit.

"However, shrimp is very low in total fat, with about 1.5 grams (g) per serving and almost no saturated fat at all. Saturated fat is known to be particularly harmful to the heart and blood vessels, in part because our bodies can efficiently convert it to low-density lipoprotein (LDL), otherwise known as “bad” cholesterol...."

I don't care if it sweltering hot, and rivers of sweat are pouring out of me, or if there mountains of snow outside, as long as I have a tub of ice cream, I don't turn into 'The Hulk', or howl like a 'Banshee' all night. 😊

Back