What books are you into recently?

I'm reading another book by Kristin Hannah'Summer Island' This story is about a mother,Nora, a celebrity talk show host, who walked out on her marriage leaving her 2 young daughters Ruby&Caroline with their father.
I like this author,the other books of hers I've read are:
Home Again
Things We Do For Love
Firefly Lane
The Nightgale
The Great Alone

I've been devouring sports biographies and autobiographies the last month or so. Just started reading "Doc," by Doc Gooden. If you like baseball, it's a great read.

I'm pulling books from my massive library. I'm reading "Gods of the Egyptians" and"Ancient Egyptian magic", also re reading my Kahil Gibran books. I only read non-fiction.

Bought this book at flea market last year.
SPRING MOON by Bette Bao Lord.
This is a book about China before & during the time communism took over.
Very interesting read as the lady in book is from well to do family .
The changes she experiences n her life time.

I believe the author of the book is her grand daughter who left China with her parents to go to Washington D.C.
Her parents left their infant daughter behind in care of her aunt.
There is a follow up book about the sister's life in China.
EIGHTH MOON
The two sisters eventually reunite & write this book together.

After reading the two books, I can't help but wonder about their lives now.
What adjustments the younger sister had to make.
Did she get to fulfill her dreams?

I google her (Bette Lord) and her daughter is actress Lisa Lord.

Wow! Some taste you have in books. I've been listening to a lot of audiobooks recently, mostly BBC drama, I'm thinking about starting a thread here to share it with you folks :)

I might sound snobbish in my taste here. I returned to Christianity a few years ago so that is certainly going to shape what I read now. Im trying to fully grasp G K Chesterton but its a challenge. Everlasting Man is one.
Dostoyevsky. The Idiot and Brothers Karamazov
All Quiet on the Western Front. I should have read this book ages ago. it is absolutely awesome.
Laurence Freeman. But Im not sure Im into his version of Christianity.
Will mentioning Christianity ostracise me here? :)

Hi Hypo! Noticed your post, new here, so catching up! Notice my screen name 'Doughboy'- Hence an enthusiast of WWl! AQotWF was one of my favorite books...Also watched a youtube video of the WWl hero's Sgt. Alvin York/ Christian who didn't want to kill, but ended up being one of the early medal of honor winners.

I wasn't going to post this but a friend asked me to add this to this thread. My two last books. These are spiritual messages from Holy Angels.
"Angels Explain Death and Prayer" and "Angels explain God and the New Spirituality" from 3 Light Technology Publishing.
These are available through Barnes and Noble, Amazon, Google Play and Apple Tunes.

Lately most of the books I've read to completion have been memoirs by female musicians. I read Horror Stories by Liz Phair, High School by Tegan & Sara Quinn and When I Grow Up: A Memoir by Juliana Hatfield most recently. Before that I read a science fiction novel, Lexicon by Max Barry.

I'm currently trying to get into a non-fiction book, Behave by Robert M. Sapolsky but it hasn't grabbed me yet. Before that I tried to get into The Long Utopia by Terry Prattchet and Stephen Baxter and Proxima by Stephen Baxter (two science fiction novels) but neither of them grabbed me either.

I, too, have a massive library. All stored on my Kindle and accessible with a touch to the screen. No storage problem there and nothing to dust.

I just finished "The Goldfinch" by Donna Tartt and it was one of those books you wish would hurry up and be done. I kept looking for the spectacularness that others seemed to have found but missed it. I'll try the movie since it's free on Prime. Maybe it's buried too deep for my old brain.

I'm a travel nut with expired wheels so am thinking I'll re-read some of Mitchner's classics. Just began "Mitch, Please" by Matt Jones and included in the queue is Ronan Farrow's "Catch and Kill."

So many books, so little time.

Since I am into Disney so much I have been into for a few years now these Twisted Tales by Liz Braswell and the one I am currently reading is called Straight On Till Morning. It is a story about Wendy Darling from the Peter Pan stories and what if she went to Never Land first with Captain Hook instead of Peter.

Last yr I 'discovered' author,Pam Jenoff.She writes historical fiction based on true events
A week ago I finished 'The Diplomat's Wife',now reading 'The Ambassador's Daughter'

Back