What candies do you remember from your childhood?

I have to agree with Della on his one. Maybe not my favorite, but I bought lots of those, and I would again, just for old time sake. But what I rememembered from the introductory post, were just penny candies in general. Less than a block from my elementary school was a place called Janda's that sold penny candy, all displayed in glass counters where we stood in a euphoric delema deciding which ones we would buy that day. There was an amazing collection of different ways sugar could be molded, colored, and presented. I think Janda may have sold other things too. I vaguely remember looking up at a shelf way above my head and realizing that someone could go there and buy a can of something like carrots or Spam, but then my attention quickly refocused on the many different candies that I had to decide on that day.

I was having some Mild Duds about 2 years ago and pulled a piece of a tooth out. Had to have a cap put on. I haven't had Milk Duds since.
I lost a baby tooth to a Tootsie Roll. Not a bad way to loose a baby tooth, especially when my grandfather told me they used to tie a string from your tooth to a door knob, and have you just stand there until someone opens the door from the other side. Now that I'm thinking about it, he might have been pulling my leg.

I remember ribbons of paper like what comes out of the cash register with your list of purchases, but they were blank with a hard surface. There were rows colored candy that were shaped like half peas stuck to the paper, so you could just buy a ribbon an pick a piece of candy off when you needed it. Alternatively, you could just pick all of them off as fast as you could and gobble down a ribbon full in two minutes.

Back