what color is that.........

Jeni

I try to keep an open mind but am done with this fad of hair colors that you usually only have seen in Yarn or Color Crayons......
blue/ purple / teal / orange and every hue of pink imaginable.......

I have seen it done professionally and it is often much less obnoxious and muted then some of these folks doing it themselves.......

The hair often looks dirty and stringy a person at work does this she told me she washes on twice a MONTH......so color does not rinse out as fast evidently these odd colors must be pricey......................... I think she should be able to get a color match at the paint department at Home Depot.........
This does not say professional office style to me ...........
Went to the store today saw a young lady.................. I am guessing in her twenties with her hair bald all around below and a Pebbles Flintstone ponytail out of the top of her head ..............in a color I can only describe as bright orange with muddy dog highlights...... Does anyone look at something like that and say Cool I want that....... this looks like a cry for help......
Maybe i am wrong in expecting hair color that is possible in nature......

Not something I would go for personally but just part of being young, growing up and expressing yourself in my view

I like to see all the varying looks people try, life would be pretty boring if we all stuck to the same boring old style

I certainly experimented enough in my younger days ...:eek: :LOL:

I don't see it as a cry for help. Attention maybe. We have a woman in her 40s maybe that runs the gift shop and she has purple hair. It's one thing on a younger person but deep purple hair on an older professional seems ridiculous. One of the housekeepers had her hair the color of the clown from IT for some time. I hated it.

Perhaps they see it as an expression of who they are. If that's how they want to look it's not my business.

The colour that gobsmacks me is that purple/grey, the one that makes me say to myself, does that young girl want to look old, or just simply, why.

I have yet to see it on anyone where I could honestly say to myself, that looks nice.

When a young lady at work was asked what colour was her new hairstyle she replied: "It's called granny-grey." It was white with a hint of black and purple streaks.

I didn't mean to say it loud enough for her to hear, under my breath I said: "Granny-grey? Looks more like seagull-shit white." Next day the granny-grey had gone, I was mortified. I bought her some flowers and apologised. She said that her Dad wasn't too keen on the colour either, but didn't say if he was so disparaging as me. We laugh about it now but I certainly learned that it's best to bite your tongue.

@Aunt Marg My friend who passed away used to say (when we were much younger) he loved to see the old ladies with blue hair. LOL
As for the OP: I've seen women, not young either, with pink hair and other colors. I was watching one of the home buying shows this weekend and a woman I'd say is probably in her late 50's to mid 60's was sporting a bob. She had gray hair with bright pink ends about 1-1/2 inches.

The head shaved on one side and long hair on another is the trend now. My Honorary Daughter sports that style, she has braids on one side. I'm not crazy about the look but I'm seeing it often these days.

@Aunt Marg My friend who passed away used to say (when we were much younger) he loved to see the old ladies with blue hair. LOL
As for the OP: I've seen women, not young either, with pink hair and other colors. I was watching one of the home buying shows this weekend and a woman I'd say is probably in her late 50's to mid 60's was sporting a bob. She had gray hair with bright pink ends about 1-1/2 inches.

The head shaved on one side and long hair on another is the trend now. My Honorary Daughter sports that style, she has braids on one side. I'm not crazy about the look but I'm seeing it often these days.
My problem, OneEyed, is I'm just so darned old-fashioned, and I have to learn to keep my yapper shut. :)

So much of what I see today doesn't agree with me, but that doesn't make it wrong. Wish I had a more open mind sometimes. :)

My problem, OneEyed, is I'm just so darned old-fashioned, and I have to learn to keep my yapper shut. :)

So much of what I see today doesn't agree with me, but that doesn't make it wrong. Wish I had a more open mind sometimes. :)
And you are definitely not buy yourself ! Sometimes I just think about things we did when we were younger that our parents and elders didn't think was right. I once got called out by a bossy great grand aunt because I came to church not wearing a hat ! She got me at the bottom of the steps. LOL

And you are definitely not buy yourself ! Sometimes I just think about things we did when we were younger that our parents and elders didn't think was right. I once got called out by a bossy great grand aunt because I came to church not wearing a hat ! She got me at the bottom of the steps. LOL
I'm glad I'm not alone, OneEyed! LOL!

I don't think it's a cry for help. I think it's a cry for attention. Nothing says "Please stare at me" like green hair.
Much like excessive tattoos.
Is stares and pointed fingers or taking a photo with phone by others.... or kids the kind of Attention these people want.....

I am OK with self expression and being different it just seems like some are trying way to hard........ in some instances it just looks bad....
When professionally done is streaks of color muted colors ..... not the i soaked by head in strong kool-aid look
This may work for short term but doubt you will be taken seriously after a while........

IMO, unless one is in the business of entertainment, any extreme body adornment is a cry for attention. Maybe Mommy didn't hug them enough.

Is stares and pointed fingers or taking a photo with phone by others.... or kids the kind of Attention these people want.....

I am OK with self expression and being different it just seems like some are trying way to hard........ in some instances it just looks bad....
When professionally done is streaks of color muted colors ..... not the i soaked by head in strong kool-aid look
This may work for short term but doubt you will be taken seriously after a while........
Yes, such people enjoy shocking others & they know "The more unusual, the more the shock."

Yes, such people enjoy shocking others & they know "The more unusual, the more the shock."
I guess it is shock value
I was looking at it in a different way ....... some people want attention but negative attention ?
I can't see what the payoff is......
Think it was Dr, Phil who said "people keep doing things because they are getting something from it"
being laughed at ........is not the same as being laughed with.

Back