What do you do on a rainy day?

Lc jones

Lately it’s been raining every day around here and there’s been periods of time where I scratch my head and wonder what to do. I’m still getting adjusted to retirement life and have started some hobbies but there are periods of time where I feel I need to do more. It would be great to get everybody’s take on this question. 😊

d1a8709119d4d3b9d8620cb16956320d38e228ec_hq.gif

Rain relaxes me and I have been known to go fishing, put on my rain gear and wash the truck. When I was younger I would plan to go deer hunting when rain was predicted, deer like the rain and they could not pick up your scent. In the winter I loved to get on my snowmobile and go especially at night. Sweetie would say just let me know where you will be and what time you will be back. ( we didn't have cell phone back then) Speaking of phones, I was one of the first persons to to have a Motorola Bag Phone in my car, not bragging I used it in business and my life changed forever, I could not hide. The mobile phone/cell phone change our lives forever. I carry my cell every where I go today, even to bed. lol

im an indoor person anyway. just limits my options like a bike ride. theres always a book to read or a scripture chapter to study. or a new fingerstyle song to learn. or a dog to aologze to for not taking them for a walk.

im an indoor person anyway. just limits my options like a bike ride. theres always a book to read or a scripture chapter to study. or a new fingerstyle song to learn. or a dog to aologze to for not taking them for a walk.
I read the Bible and have a question. What is the most meaningful verse in the Bible or Chapter from what you have read?..Answer in ten words or less. lol

1 Samuel 17:

48 As the Philistine moved closer to attack him, David ran quickly toward the battle line to meet him. 49 Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck the Philistine on the forehead. The stone sank into his forehead, and he fell facedown on the ground.

As a child, this bible story had a strong effect on me. I understood that intelligence can defeat brute strength, when one plans ahead and stays the course. I was never a big guy, yet I never backed down from bullies, once I reached about twelve years of age. 90% of the time, I talked down the attacks of bullies, including armed robbers, and walked away, unscathed. Of course, I also learned that having a weapon, you can skillfully use, is quite valuable.

What do you do on a rainy day?

Easy

Work in my shop

But, we have yet to have a rainy day here in sunshine city, and nary a drop in the forecast

So

I set up a work bench outside of my shop, and soak in the rays while I butcher wood

Last edited:

Back