What do you say when you find something about your neighbors?

I got my electricity bill yesterday. Usually , it's about $65. I opened it and, it jumped to $145, mostly due to 'carriage fees". Then the shocker, on arrears was $3,890.00. WHAT THE *****!!!!!!!!! I cant tell you how fast I dialed the phone numbers. It turns out, it wasn't my bill. My neighbor's bill got mixed in with my mail. I never checked to addressee to see if was me. I hate to say this, but that's a seriously over due bill. I put it back in their mailbox. There's no way that's due to the virus. I had no idea my neighbor could owe that much to the electric. company. I was under the impression the company would have shut of the power long ago. You see your neighbors, but you don't know what problems they face. It's weird asking him, "What's new?"

Well, I found out that a registered sex offender was living a few doors down. Gone now......he's in jail.

Another neighbor is involved in a neighborhood dispute. I looked him up and found out that he had been arrested a couple of months ago for "resisting an officer". Glad I have no dog in the fight with him...…..

That is one of the problems of mail carriers accidentally putting the wrong mail in the wrong mailbox. What if it was a bill that had to paid by a certain time and it was put in the wrong box and those people were away or something and didn't check their mailbox?

That is one of the problems of mail carriers accidentally putting the wrong mail in the wrong mailbox. What if it was a bill that had to paid by a certain time and it was put in the wrong box and those people were away or something and didn't check their mailbox?
that's what makes it better about having the letterbox in your front door....as we do... ( altho' we do have occasions where the neighbours mail is delivered here and vice versa.. but we just take it to them )

8135d97b1aadc2db2dd2bda7c882e22e.jpg
0-Junk-mail-spam-letters-letter-box.jpg

We sometimes get a neighbors piece of mail, or they ours. We all just put them in the correct mailbox. I can't imagine opening a piece of mail that isn't addressed to us.

Last edited:
that's what makes it better about having the letterbox in your front door....as we do... ( altho' we do have occasions where the neighbours mail is delivered here and vice versa.. but we just take it to them )

We read on NextDoor about someone in San Jose with that type of door who had someone drop a lit match in the mail slot when they were away. Thankfully one of their neighbors noticed the flames through the window on their door and was able to get the fire department there before the damage was overly extensive.

We read on NextDoor about someone in San Jose with that type of door who had someone drop a lit match in the mail slot when they were away. Thankfully one of their neighbors noticed the flames through the window on their door and was able to get the fire department there before the damage was overly extensive.
almost everyone here in the UK have those type of doors.. it's very rare to hear of anyone getting their house set on fire with a lit match.. it would have gone out by the time it hit the floor.. also most of us have a secondary metal flap on the inside of the letterbox which would prevent things like lit matches or fireworks being put through

My dog would have a fit if the dreaded mail carrier actually pushed something through the door. He (the dog, not the mail carrier) already goes nuts when he sees the mail person approaching the mailbox. Henry (the dog) has it figured out about what time the mail comes, so he parks himself right by the front window so he won't miss his opportunity to bark and act scary.

I saw a movie not long ago where the bad guy squirted gasoline through the mail slot and then threw a match in.

It happens all the time here. All kinds of important mail ending up in the wrong boxes.
Awhile back I ended up with two different neighbors' mail from the IRS, and recently received another person's economic stimulus payment.
When I know who the recipients are or I can find them by the address on the envelope I take the mail to them, otherwise I mark it 'return to sender.'

Back