What Do You Shave With

drifter

An elcetric razor or a blade? I'm using an 1980 Norelco and four times over the years I have replaced the cutters. I also have a galette razor, a blade.
Sometimes it takes both of them to get a good shave. A couple of years ago I bought a new norelco and shaved with it two or three times. I didn't like
it. My son did and I gave it to him. I've considered a new electric job but now they all recommend replacing the blades every year. What the heck then
am I you paying for? In this age of high tech and artificial intelligence a razor, a razor should glide over my face and neck, getting every hair, gently
massage my face, spray on my favorite after shave, and comb my hair. Well, mine don't do all that and it don't give a good shave either. Some things
I don't understand.

Years ago, I used only electric, but I wasn't as picky about closeness back then. Time was a more-important factor before retirement. Since then, I've decided that the replacement blades are ridiculously priced & have used only the "Harry's" razors.

Can buy a new norelco with the money you spend on a replacement blade for my old razor. I have wondered abut those "Harry's" razors, if they
were any good. Obviously you like them.

Can buy a new norelco with the money you spend on a replacement blade for my old razor. I have wondered abut those "Harry's" razors, if they
were any good. Obviously you like them.
They're cheap and as good as the pricey brands. I use each cartridge for 5-6 shaves. Another brand that's good: "Dorco." That's the brand the "Dollar Shave Club" ships to their customers. It's funny how the big razor companies like Gillette & Shick have had to lower their ridiculous prices after reasonably-priced razors came out.

Shortly after I began shaving the fuzz on my face my uncle recommended a sheik injector razor, a thin razor with a thin blade. I liked it and carried it off to Fort Campell, Kentucky and then on to Korea where it suffered all kinds of abuse. During monsoon seasons I expected it to rust but it didn't. I used it through the years until it broke. By then they had quit making them. I found several on eBay but they were quite pricy and I never got another. But I still have a couple of injectors full of blades, I think that sheik was one of the best razors made back in those early days. We've outgrown those old razors but we haven't make a whole lot of improvement, just added more blades and upped the price.

I'm not good at getting the angle right on different areas of the face, so the razors with the swiveling head are the only ones I'd consider. I keep seeing ads on Facebook for $80.00 - $200.00 razors & I'm always LOL'ing & thinking, "Are some people really that stupid?"

I use those, too. I keep one in my desk drawer to trim the hair around my nose which seems to grow back faster than my normal beard. I also keep a small mirror on my desk.

I use the multi-blade razors by Gillette and Schick. My gf gets them for free, using couponing tricks, at CVS drug store. I also use my Norelco triple head electric, for quick touch-ups. No major complaints on any of the above. My beard is thick, grows fast.

I switched to electric razors when I tired of the cuts and blood-letting of blades, and haven't suffered a cut since although the shave isn't as close as bladed. I don't miss needing shaving cream, either. While the cost of replacing razor heads and cutters is ridiculous, I nurse the cutter over the one year replacement recommendation and then eventually shop for the best price on a new one...

I can vouch for Harry's razors too. Not as good as the Fusion but the price more than makes up for that. They are also available art Target and Wal-Mart.

I've got an old Remington electric shaver that I used daily when I worked. Now, unless I have to go somewhere important, I sometimes go days without worrying about the "Stubel". Besides, anymore, the trend among men seems to be walking around with several days growth on their face. I do keep a pack of cheap disposable twin blade razors in my bathroom drawer, and a small can of shaving cream, and might use them once every couple of weeks to get a close shave.

Back