What does your shoe wardrobe consist of?

Ronni

The motormouth ;)
I have a lot of shoes. I like shoes. I want to be able to match my shoes to whatever I'm wearing, not just color, but style, as well. I don't want to wear an open toed sandal with a dress that requires pumps, or a wedge heel with completely casual attire.

But I have plenty of women friends who pretty much just wear one pair of sandal or flip flop type shoes in the summer, and another, closed toe type in the winter. I just cannot fathom that, anymore than they can fathom my insistence on wearing so many different colors and styles.

What about you?

At my age comfort reigns supreme. All my shoes are slip on and while a few are dressy for "those" occasions, most are deck shoe types or penny loafer styles. I usually wear only Bass Weejuns, or Eastland loafers. Sperry, Eastland and Sebago are my favorite deck shoes. I have Grasshoppers and Sketchers that I occasionally just switch off on.

Oh boy. Let’s see. I’ve got 3 pairs of long zip up boots, 5 pairs of work boots which look like regular shoes, 3 or 4 pairs of runners, 3 pairs of hiking boot/shoes, about 10 pairs of sandals type shoes, a white pair of low heel pumps, black pair of pumps and a high heel boot.( don’t wear heels often but sometimes I like to )

Half of these I got from my mom just last year since we are the same size and she didn’t need them. The work boots my husband brought home from where he works. Now I have too many so am donating most to goodwill.

Last edited:
Two pairs of dress shoes,and loafer types,one for summer and one for winter,No heels. One pair of boots for shoveling snow. Two pairs of beach shoes for when the kids decide Oma needs to go to the water park. . Sneakers and more sneakers. Usually from Walmart. They fit really well but I have to admit each pair must be tried on. Walmart isn't famous for consistency. I buy several in different colors. I can usually get 2 or 3 years out of them. After that they become garden shoes.

errrrm.... where should I start... ?.. perhaps enough to say I couldn't tell you how many shoes, and boots, trainers, and sandals , and everything in between.. *stands up*..clears throat, I am a shoe-aholic ( well almost) ... 😊

I couldn't even tell you how man pairs of knee high, and ankle boots I have without counting them, probably around 2 dozen .

..I have a lot less shoes that I did once have, over the last year or 2 I've donated loads to Charities ( all hardly worn,m but just trying to free up space)

I wear sketchers now, rather than Nike or Adidas or similar , simply because I prefer the memory sole ( Go-ga mat)... and more of my shoes have a lower heel than those which have a high heel ( that's age and a bad back that's caused me to stop wearing high heels on a regular basis, but I still wear them car to bar when I go out in the evening ).. My shoes tend to be black , brown, and Burgundy patent leather.. My sandals are open toed, and come in every colour including silver and gold...

My ankle boots, are all leather, different styles from lace ups to slip on Chelsea style.. from Black , right through colours to white...

My knee high boots, are all either Black , brown or Tan ..

These ankle boots I got in the sale at the beginning of the year just prior to the lockdown...

IMG-4238.jpg

... these are my newest brogue ankle boots

IMG-4402.jpg

Last edited:
I feel so under shoed. One pair for winter, one pair for summer, and a really nice pair of walking shoes that my doctor insisted I buy. Most expensive shoes I’ve ever owned. I bought them at a speciality store.

I rarely wear them, cause I don‘t want to wear them out. I wear them only if we are going to a place all day, like an amusement park, where I would walk a lot. All my shoes are tennis shoes.

Three shoes at once is the most I’ve ever owned. Why would you need more? I understand wanting more, having more, but you really don’t need more. IMO. 😂

Not very many
Yeah, right

Guess it's not a guy thing

I have three pairs of hiking boots

All the same brand/style;

One pair still new

One pair for town

One pair so worn out, they no longer resemble footwear (I wear them daily)
Shoe goo is my friend

Just took this pic (wife thinks I'm nuts);

size 14 EEE.jpg

Then I have my evening 'slip-ons'
They 'were' tennie runners at one time (probably)

slippers.jpg

I do have some serious winter boots

Oh, and some church shoes somewhere for funerals and other special occasions

So, ladies,

I..... am...... the..... real....shoe Ho

good ones…...but damn near worn out

Two pairs of plain flat black shoes for weddings and funerals, two pairs of deck shoes, one pair of L.L. Bean two eye duck shoes for the winter.

Two pairs were bought new and three pairs were bought like new from the local charity shops.

Shoes are always in the back of my mind when I'm grazing the thrift shops. I'm on the lookout now for another pair of deck shoes and a pair of winter shoes or boots.

For some reason, the winter boots usually turn up on the hottest day of the year!

Last edited:
1 pair black dress shoes I bought back in the 90s for a funeral. Got them at JC Penney.
Y'know, one real good pair of those will last 'til that one funeral

Footwear....for guys (at least for this guy);
They gotta fit
Be comfy
Wear a good while

I've paid much for good hiking boots
.....and I've bought cheap ones

Now?
Cheap ones.....never (they are not worth the 'savings')
Highest prices ones? Not so fast
Medium priced....oh yeah

Thing is, they're never on the store shelves for long
So
When sumpm fits well.....I go back and buy at least three more pair

What shoes? (Said by the barefoot lady)
But seriously, I have about 25 pairs, but in the last 6 months, I've only worn two! They are my plastic, perforated mud shoes and the Sketchers that I wore on the two occasions when the refrigerator repairman entered my house! I'm definitely due for a thorough wardrobe flushing!

Back