What have you owned in the past that you wish you still had?

Manatee

I would like to have the sailboat that we had back in the 70s. It was only 12' long, but it went on and off the trailer easily and we really enjoyed sailing it. This is a really good area for boats.

My father's watch. He died in 1957 when I was 9. In 1970 I lost it when I was in the Air Force stationed at Cam Rahn Bay. I had just gotten off from working a 3-11 shift and went to take a shower. There was no one else there at that time of night so I took the watch off and wrapped it up in my towel and left in on the bench outside the shower room. Then I went in and took about a 5 minute shower. When I got back out my watch was gone.

About 25 years later I saw the movie Pulp Fiction and got a good laugh out of this scene.

<font size="4">

What have you owned in the past that you wish you still had ?

My 1995 Honda Goldwing.
img_1995.jpg

My Raleigh Record 10-speed. I hitchhiked to the north side of Chicago, from the south side, to get that bike. Rode it home. At university, I left it out, one night. It got stolen. Amazingly, after I called the police, that next morning, they called me back, in fifteen minutes, letting me know they busted a bike theft ring, and had my bike. I religiously took it into my apartment, day after day, until one rainy night when I was soaked and tired and didn't want to climb my outside stairs with the bike. Next morning...... gone, for good! To this day, forty-five years later, I still look carefully when I see a bike resembling that one, chained up on a rack.

What have you owned in the past that you wish you still had?

This cup
z0cFgR8.jpg

Coffee just tasted better in it
Just the right size, as I never left a drop in it

Can't seem to find another

Oh, and this

CvCNUeX.jpg

That compact .45 fit my hand so well

What I wish I still had... a diamond solitaire that I gave to my oldest son when he got engaged, and didn't get back when the engagement was called off. :mad:

Also my 1968 Triumph GT6+, 6 cylinder and 2300 pounds, with a wood dash. British Racing Green. Similar to this one, but with wire wheels...

I loved the British Leyland autos of that era. I also owned a Fiat Spyder convertible for a while.

If I recall, the Fiat had a small V8...Jeeeeez

I'm wrong, it was the Sunbeam Tiger

Had a Datsun roaster 2000
And a MGB GT
Drove many road cars
Loved the curves

The E type was the worst thru the curves, but went like a bat

If I recall, the Fiat had a small V8...Jeeeeez

I'm wrong, it was the Sunbeam Tiger

Had a Datsun roaster 2000
And a MGB GT
Drove many road cars
Loved the curves

The E type was the worst thru the curves, but went like a bat

I've always loved little sports cars. My Fiat was a white convertible with a black rag top; 4 cylinders but so much fun. Mid-70s model.

I'm a car nut and have been able to drive a stick since before I had a license. I remember going to a Datsun dealership to test drive a "Z" back in the day. The goofy salesman asked me if I could drive a standard; I gave him the side-eye and said, "buckle up." Good times. :D

My Airfix model of the QE2.I spent months making it when a kid and lovingly painted it the correct colours.One year my mother decided I was too old for airfix models and gave it away while I was at school.I would have kept that to the grave!Never did find out who got it..

My pre CBS Fender Jazz Bass ~ Made before the Fender company was sold to CBS (Columbia Broadcasting System) in 1965.
I started playing a regular six string guitar and didn't think I needed it anymore..

Always regretted selling that guitar.

Fender.jpg

Back