What if your DNA says:

On an other thread in this forum, I mentioned all the info collected by your phone and social media, someone wrote that yeah, big brother is watching, ooh scary.

From the places you call, from to whom your calling, are collected with info gleaned from social media, now throw in DNA results; and you have a valuable picture of you. That picture of you, and thousands of other yous, is worth a lot to advertisers, manufacturers, politicians, etc. When you go for a job interview, will your DNA get a passing OK from insurance companies? To those who say the government will never let that happen. Yeah, right. As I'm writing this, my insurance company is mulling over whether they will pay for a pain pill for me. I may get a pill that costs the insurance co. less than $20. If I want to pay for it myself, I don't get the insurance co. discount. It may cost me about $160. And the government allows that.

On an other thread in this forum, I mentioned all the info collected by your phone and social media, someone wrote that yeah, big brother is watching, ooh scary.

From the places you call, from to whom your calling, are collected with info gleaned from social media, now throw in DNA results; and you have a valuable picture of you. That picture of you, and thousands of other yous, is worth a lot to advertisers, manufacturers, politicians, etc. When you go for a job interview, will your DNA get a passing OK from insurance companies? To those who say the government will never let that happen. Yeah, right. As I'm writing this, my insurance company is mulling over whether they will pay for a pain pill for me. I may get a pill that costs the insurance co. less than $20. If I want to pay for it myself, I don't get the insurance co. discount. It may cost me about $160. And the government allows that.

A few years ago, my doctor prescribed the lowest dosage pill of Valium to take on nights that my brain just keeps going round and round and round and won't let me sleep. It works wonderfully....flicks the switch right off. I get a 90-day prescription and it lasts me the entire year....in fact, I still had 48 left over at the end of the year. HOWEVER, my insurance refuses to pay for it unless I get evaluated for drug dependence. Drug dependence for using 42 pills over the course of a year? So I just pay for them myself....fortunately it's only about $3 more for the 90-day bottle.

23&me has "partners", who have complete access to your DNA. The only distinction to be a "partner" is to be doing genetic research. And on social media, all the "likes and dislikes" , your music,your age, gender, address are indicators of your political leanings, income, stability, and everything you spend,and where you spend it, are info cos. are paying for, and, it's all free.

{shrug} With all the suffering and damage in Texas and Florida, what 23andme does with my dna test results is not something I'll worry about. Paranoia will destroy ya'. (Wasn't that a song?)

23&me has "partners", who have complete access to your DNA. The only distinction to be a "partner" is to be doing genetic research. And on social media, all the "likes and dislikes" , your music,your age, gender, address are indicators of your political leanings, income, stability, and everything you spend,and where you spend it, are info cos. are paying for, and, it's all free.

If you're concerned, don't submit your DNA to 23&me, or post personal details on social media.

I'm pretty privacy oriented, but I still did 23andme and elected to share with researchers. And yeah, big pharma is in there. For me, contributing to research outweighed the other factors.

Back