What is it about the opposite sex do you notice first...

So the question is to both females and males... What is the very first thing you notice about the opposite sex of yourself...

The very first thing I look at before her eyes, legs, hair, how she dresses, is her fingernails...I always thought if a Lady took very good care of her fingernails... Then she must take very good care of the rest of herself. To this day, I remember Lorie was working as a waitress, and I noticed her nails painted purple, and I told her, You have very nice nails... Sure I got razzed by my friends, what kind of pickup line was that... I said an honest one... After talking to her for a few months off and on... I told her a french manicure is very nice also, and a few days later... there it was...

So what catches your eye first of your opposite sex?

Well, I don't date and have no interest in doing so but one of the things I notice in a man are his hands. My husband had very strong hands, I don't know what the area is called. Between the thumb and the index finger. For most of us it is kind of a web like area. My husband hand a pronounced muscle there from all his work setting tile, brick and rock on custom pools, floors and bathrooms. I called it trowel hand. Later in life he went to work for the USPS but he never lost his trowel hands taking care of the needs in that area for family and friends.

Their smile.. and particularly their teeth. I am only interested in people with nice teeth.. and a great smile.. ..

Other than that I take great notice of someone's walk.. their gait... I like a man to have a walk like a gangster ..or gallus ( meaning bold) as we'd describe it where I'm from in the west of Scotland

Last edited:
I have to be honest, I look at a lady from head to toes but I don't leer.

Starting with the face, where I linger for a while to enjoy the shining eyes and hopefully a warm smile.
Then, after a period of eye contact, my eyes will ask her eyes, "Is it OK to have a look at the rest of you?"
Then her eyes reply, "Yeh, OK, I've surveyed you twenty times already." 😊

We are all human beings with a natural curiosity towards each other, so looking and appraising, as long as it's not leering is in my opinion OK.
Anyway, not many ladies want to waste their eye muscles looking at me. 😊

Upon first meeting, I look right at their face, probably at their eyes, but I never thought about that much. When meeting someone, the first order of business is finding out who they are, and the face, especially the eyes are the obvious place to check. OK, now if it was that woman pictured in the post above, who is obviously preoccupied with sticking out her breasts, I'd probably take note of that first. I suspect even women would notice that first, but that is an unusual case.

Edit: I just checked that photo out again. Her breasts held my attention for but a fraction of a second, and then I quickly looked at her face, but after that, I was distracted by her breasts again.

Last edited:
Back