What is something your mother told you NOT to do

Don't run with that sucker in your mouth!

I don't understand that. What does that mean? I've heard it before of course but I don't understand it.
Never let everyone know your business..in a relationship, marriage, etc. If others know all your business, it has a way of biting you on the backside. Been there. There are very few people I trust to talk to and I don't share EVERYTHING with them.

Well, my Guardians were really strict with me. I was the only child they took care of.

I was told, a couple of months before I graduated from high school, that the car I had bought, I couldn't take it out on the road until I had my driver's license and insurance. Well, when they would leave to go to the store, I'd hop into that '56 Chevy Bel Aire and drive down the road and back. One time I nearly got caught, but made it back home, just in time, parked the car and ran into the barn. They never knew the car had been on the road.

Never let everyone know your business..in a relationship, marriage, etc. If others know all your business, it has a way of biting you on the backside. Been there. There are very few people I trust to talk to and I don't share EVERYTHING with them.

This is so true. Often when people start a new job they share personal things which are best kept to themselves. Telling all your business to people you work with is a bad idea.

My mother was full of things not to do. Some have been mentioned already.

Don't pick in your belly button,you could bleed to death. I guess I had a habit of doing that, very strange.
I wasn't allowed to eat watermelon and drink milk.
Don't slam the doors.
Don't sit on the edge of the bed. Use a chair because I could break the bed springs.
Don't run,walk.
Don't go to bed with wet hair.
Don't say ain't.
There are a thousand more , not enough space to list them all.

Don't go out in the sun without sunglasses or you'll get wrinkles.
Don't expect someone else to fight your battles, in the end, you're the only one you can rely on.
Don't expect someone to entertain you, you have to make your own fun.
Never forget that you are not the center of the universe.

Back