What Is The Least Important Wardrobe Item In Your Public Appearance?

fmdog44

If you are going out say for instance a shopping mall what about what others will see could you care less about? As a guy I typically don't go out with more than a one day beard. A two day growth on me I look like a bum. Clothes: Nice T-shirt & jeans.

I can remember when going down town on Saturday to shop required white gloves to feel properly dressed. And hose and neat pumps. Anything less and the clerks in the better department stores would snub you. It was the 1940s.

Now sweat suits and sneakers do fine.

If you are going out say for instance a shopping mall what about what others will see could you care less about?

Full make-up and fixed hair. Lip gloss, a tiny bit of mascara for pale eyelashes plus a baseball cap with a pony tail pulled through the back lets me get by without much primping. If it's cooler weather and I can layer a fleece vest, scarf and ditch the bra, so much the better!

Denim Jeans! 😐 but I have a pair that I really like with embroidery on that I feel smart in. Shoes that are boring .I cant wear a few of my lovely shoes with high heels anymore and miss them and my shoes aren't glamourous.

i wear , jeans , black or blue......nice chelsea boots......a nice top, and a leather or suede jacket ......

I've never been a ''primper'' **, but when younger I wouldn't be caught dead in public without lipstick. Now that I am a verified ''elderly'', I simply don't give a damn anymore. I just wear pants, t-shirt, sneakers, and a black hat and big sunglasses and I'm ready to face the world.

**Primper = Someone who takes a curious amount of time to get ready; they will take the time to try and perfect every physical flaw with their image.

OK in answer to the question..I presume is '' what I couldn't care less about''' when out shopping...

errrm... probably the only thing I couldn't care less about is full make-up. I just wear lipstick , and sometimes a tiny bit of blush, which in reality is about all I usually wear anyway unless I"m going to some function or a party...

Like CJ..I have loads of pretty high heeled shoes, but I can't wear them for too long as I did when I was younger, so now I go shopping in Chelsea boots or similar ..or knee high boots with low heels..or sketchers...whereas a few years ago I would have worn high heels everywhere and wouldn't have wanted to be seen in trainers unless I was on the sports field ..

Look at street pictures of decades ago like suits & ties to go to a ball game! The total opposite is the famous Walmart shoppers photos as they are the opposite to the extreme.

I'm reading this as asking what is the least amount of effort I put into my appearance when going shopping.

My answer - a couple of swipes of blush on my sallow complexion, along with clean clothing that's in good repair. Sunglasses during the day, a couple of rings, perhaps a necklace.

Back in the ‘70’s when I began my flying career, people dressed more respectable. Each year since, it seems that dressing for travel has gone downhill. Most people in first class still dress appropriately, except for those passengers that get bumped using their miles.

Women seem to dress nicer or more appropriate then men. Young guys generally dress in jeans and t-shirts. In the summer, shorts, muscle shirts and flip flops or slides. I never cared what people wore, but thought that it would be nice if they combed their hair. Some guys look like they rolled out of the sack and rushed to the airport. Note to guys: At least comb your hair, brush your teeth and spray on a little cologne.

If the spirit hits us, we'll dress to the nines to go grocery shopping. We better get, at least, two people coming up to us to tell us how sharp we're looking. Never fails. Other than that, I'll slob out. Who cares, then!

Back