What Is The Makeup Of V8 Juice?

fmdog44

• The original V8 is a savory juice. It is made mainly from water and tomato concentrate, and reconstituted vegetable juice blend: water and concentrate of eight vegetables, specifically: beets, celery, carrots, lettuce, parsley, watercress, spinach, and tomato. Tomato juice makes up around 87% of the total drink.
I always kew it was mostly tomato but never saw it in print.

The only problem (IMO) with it is that it's cooked. It's much more beneficial to drink raw vegetable juice because the vitamins aren't destroyed by the heat. Better yet, eat a salad & get the benefits of fiber, which are lost when juicing.

The original V8 is a savory juice. It is made mainly from water and tomato concentrate, and reconstituted vegetable juice blend: water and concentrate of eight vegetables, specifically: beets, celery, carrots, lettuce, parsley, watercress, spinach, and tomato. Tomato juice makes up around 87% of the total drink.
I always kew it was mostly tomato but never saw it in print.
Uh, I didn't see VODKA listed... 🤔

I love V8, especially the low sodium for my dietary needs. I like to have a few saltine crackers with it. I also use in many recipes that I used to use tomato sauce for.

To all those that post it is better to buy all the veggies in V8 then make your own what would the price of one 8 ounce glass of that" Then you do what with the pulp? Now clean your juicer after. Keep in mind most V8 drinkers drink it every day.

I have a soup recipe that uses a large bottle of V8. Guess what? I make it for my husband and don’t ask to share any of it either.

I like cold V-8 but I forget to buy it. Been having groceries delivered and I will have to add it to the list. I used to make that soup with it too. It was a popular soup back in the day to lose weight. It was just good soup then and I never used it to lose weight. Did not need to then.

To all those that post it is better to buy all the veggies in V8 then make your own what would the price of one 8 ounce glass of that" Then you do what with the pulp? Now clean your juicer after. Keep in mind most V8 drinkers drink it every day.
When I occasionally juice veggies, I'll put the pulp back in the drink.

Mom would always buy us V8 when we were children; it's been years since I've drank one. Should get some if they are low sodium. I would drink them when they were icy cold and sprinkle a bit of pepper on them ... and I was a child then!

Back