What Is The Most Cups Of Coffee/Tea You Drank In One Day (Guess)?

Years ago when we were first married I decided to cut down the shrubs surrounding our back yard. I picked the hottest day of the summer to do the job.
I remember bringing out a gallon jug of Cool Aide. I polished that off and then some. After awhile all that liquid was sloshing around in my stomach. I could actually feel it.
These days I drink two cups of coffee in the morning and I'm on a dead run for the bathroom.

Years ago I used to meet up with girlfriends over breakfast, and we'd all sit and gab over coffee, and once breakfast was served and over with, it would be more coffee.

8-10 cups, and not even getting up once to pass all that liquid.

I honestly don't know how my poor tummy used to take it, because now, anything over 2-3 cups of coffee, my tummy aches and feels yucky from all the caffeine.

Same for tea, though tea doesn't seem to bother me anywhere near as bad as coffee.

I enjoy a cup of tea in the evening/after supper, and there are times where I'll tip back a half dozen cups of tea later in the evening and enjoy each and every cup immensely. Doesn't keep me up or affect my sleep whatsoever.

My husband, when outside working on a hot day will often go through two (sometimes more) litres of water in a few hour span, and he won't come in once to relive himself. He just sweats it out.

Like Ruth n Jersey, I, too, have drank so much fluid on a hot day and could feel it (and hear it) sloshing around inside me after.

What Is The Most Cups Of Coffee/Tea You Drank In One Day (Guess)?​

The question for me would be how many pots

I've worked two jobs many years
I've gone two days without sleep several times

Now, I'm down to maybe six cups
Depending on how far I gotta drive, maybe eight

Years ago, like Aunt Marg mentioned, it was the norm to go out and drink several cups of coffee while chatting. It was the thing to do. When I went to an evening meeting, we drank coffee. Finally I realized the folly in this and long before it became fashionable, I started taking a thermos of water.

Nowadays, it‘s a stainless steel to-go cup in the morning & a little bit at noon. I really could do without the one at noon. It’s just to keep DH company.

I hate tea. If I drink tea, it means I’m sick.

We used to have a commercial size Bunn coffee maker, the type that uses the 64 oz. pot, drank two of them all by my lonesome--128 oz. total. Pretty much one cup after another.

One coffee with breakfast .. rarely, two.
Occasionally get a Starbuck's chai latte when we're out.
I used to be a big tea drinker, but it stains the teeth. I drink a lot of water.

Back in the day when I worked and was in the Union office, I would have a pot before leaving the house, an extra-large from Tim Horton's on my way to the city...Usually another pot at the Union Office, an extra-large on my way into work...and an extra-large 1/2 way through my shift, and another one on the way home...

Now I am lucky if I get two a day, and maybe a third when someone visits always bring me a cup of coffee...

I don't drink coffee any longer; actually it's been years since I drank a cup.

While employed I would consume 4 to 6 cups per day. I finally got sick of the taste and smell. Makes me nauseous.

I now drink a cup of hot tea a day.

I enjoy contributing to the 'coffee' thread though. You'd think i was a coffeeholic at all of my postings.

I usually only have a cup of coffee with breakfast. I do, however, remember one time, years ago, when I was attending a company school in Kingston, NY. They let us out about 3PM, on the last day, and I began the 20+ hour drive back to Kansas City...with the intent of stopping somewhere for the night. I had a cup of coffee when I gassed up the car, and then another a couple of hours later, when I stopped for gas and a bathroom break. Coffee runs through me fairly quickly, and I need to make a "pit stop" about 2 hours after a cup. However, the coffee was keeping me fairly awake and alert, so I just kept driving. I drove straight through without stopping for anything other than gas/coffee every 2 hours....probably had nearly a dozen cups during that day/night.

Back