What is the Movie/ Retro Television Show?

Kris148

A little quiz for the movie and television buffs among you boomers. I sure was one.. still am. I will start the ball rolling with a simple one. (no peeking at Google Image now ;))

Name the television show and its lead actor.
Untitled-design-19-11-758x396.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday I read of the sad passing of Dianne Carroll. In the article there was a sitcom mentioned that had the first black actress in a leading role. She played a housekeeper? Sorry the show's title escapes me.

Last edited:
The show in the picture is Maude. That actress is Ester Rolle who went on to star in Good Times.

Diahann Carroll didn't play a housekeeper, she played a nurse in her show which was titled Julia.

Last edited:
@Kris148

"Yesterday I read of the sad passing of Dianne Carroll. In the article there was a sitcom mentioned that had the first black actress in a leading role. She played a housekeeper? Sorry the show's title escapes me. "

I don't need reading compprehension instructions from you. I did read the post clearly, and you asked if Diahann played a housekeeper. don't know what you're so angry about or why you keep fronting off, but that type of attitude isn't appropriate for playing games in the forum.

You are right, Applecruncher. The show is Maude.

Kris, I don't understand what Diahann Carroll had to do with this show. Was she ever in it? She was a lovely actress, I was sorry to hear of her passing.

Are we supposed to post the next one as soon as we identify a show? In other words, without waiting for confirmation that we got it right? Seems to me that's the only way the game will move along.

@Kris148

"Yesterday I read of the sad passing of Dianne Carroll. In the article there was a sitcom mentioned that had the first black actress in a leading role. She played a housekeeper? Sorry the show's title escapes me. "

I don't need reading compprehension instructions from you. I did read the post clearly, and you asked if Diahann played a housekeeper. don't know what you're so angry about or why you keep fronting off, but that type of attitude isn't appropriate for playing games in the forum.
Calm down.. you're not the Forum Police.

You need to stop shoving people around telling them what's appropriate, where to put their posts, etc. You're act like a bully sometimes and it gets old. You may have your last word. I don't care what you think. click.

Back