What Popular Alcohol Drink(s) Have You Never Tried?

I've tried most popular drinks at one time or another despite not being all that much of a drinker. Might have a drink or two a week.

I mainly drink wine, beer and cider with the occasional G&T or Whisky. However, there are thousands of wines, beers, ciders, whiskys etc.. and I've only liked a few of them. They are probably not 'popular', or at least, 'best selling' brands.
I've been given bottles of Bourbon, vodka, Irish whiskey cream etc.. and I can't stand any of them. I've just given them away (and it wasn't always easy finding someone who liked them).

I’ve never had Barley wine , but love Guinness......

My son love Guinness. I make a pot roast with Guinness. That's as far as I go with that. It's delicious.
One of my sons also loves Guinness. I enjoy a short glass of it now and again, but it's too filling to have more than that.

My sons and my SIL are beer aficionados, and though they don't drink much - maybe a couple of beers at a party or on a weekend, they know what they like and are well-versed in various breweries' brewing methods and how different ingredients affect flavors.

When I was a kid and into my twenties, virtually all the men drank "beer" aka whatever was being served. Mostly lagers. At chic events some imports like Heineken were also provided.

My son love Guinness. I make a pot roast with Guinness. That's as far as I go with that. It's delicious.
My dad introduced me to Guinness, when I was expecting my 2 sons....it has lots of iron in it, and dad used to bring it to me in the hospital, and the drs said hope your gonna drink,that , lol ...They prescribed it for me after.....but that was mackison which was sweeter....

tried many of them, black russian, martini, rum and coke, tom collins, vodka collins, manhattan, vodka straight, whiskey straight, and one day in evelyn's panama club in long beach california the bartender fixed me a layered mix drink he called pink panties. the first went down smooooooth, after the secone one, someone had jacked my bar stool up a few feet cause when I stepped of to go to the boys room the floor was a long long ways off.......

There are probably a myriad of specialty cocktails I've never tried. I'm not much of a cocktail person, but occasionally my wife and I will go to a place known for it's cocktails and try something. I know I'm not a fan of gin, so there are very few gin drinks I've tried. I've probably tasted a gin martini, but don't recall the specific instance.

There are very few wine varietals I haven't tried. I tend to go out of my way to try something I haven't tried before when it comes to wine. However occasionally I'll come across something I've never tasted before.

The only mixed drinks I've had are mimosa, crown & coke, screwdriver, tom collins, martini, white russian (yuck), pina colada (yuck), irish coffee, greyhound, tequila sunrise, marguarita, gin and tonic, chocolate martini (oh, mygosh ...divine though I didn't expect it to be) a near lethal concoction called the diver at Silky O'Sullivan's in Memphis ... think that's it. So there are a whole lot I haven't tried.

Back