What should be considered for elderly exercises?

mue1965mue

What should be considered for elderly exercises?
Population aging is a global phenomenon: Virtually every country in the world is experiencing growth in the size and proportion of older persons in their population. There were 703 million persons aged 65 years or over in the world in 2019. The number of older persons is projected to double to 1.5 billion in 2050. Globally, the share of the population aged 65 years or over increased from 6 per cent in 1990 to 9 per cent in 2019. That proportion is projected to rise further to 16 per cent by 2050, so that one in six people in the world will be aged 65 years or over.
Since some elderly people do not have a chance to do exercise or do not like to exercise from a young age, this leads to a lack of understanding of health care. As you get older, it can easily result in your body being weak or having health problems. However, most of the elderly are now advised by a doctor. Exercise for the elderly is something that should be considered.
#Always start with stretching and warming up before exercising. because when entering old age The body will begin to deteriorate, causing a lot of exertion. It is difficult and can cause muscle injury.
#Wear the right workout shoes to help you move around.
#Choose activities that you can do for 10-15 minutes in a row.
#Choose activities that do not cause stress.
#At least one friend or family member should be attending and participating in the exercise.

To Be Continue....

Exercise patterns that are suitable for the elderly include
1. Walking or running slowly
Older people should start exercising from light to heavy, starting with a slow walk. for the body to adjust for a while until the body gets used to walking and gradually increases the speed to a brisk walk or run Those who have knee or ankle problems should not run as this will increase the risk of injury.
Walking or running can be done at the field or health park. With clear air It has a smooth surface to avoid stumbling. You should also choose to wear comfortable sneakers to maintain your joints. Not to be subjected to too much impact.

2. Exercise
An alternative for those who want to exercise at home. Which can exercise all proportions It also trains endurance, balance and flexibility of the body. There are many exercises to choose from as appropriate, such as stretching the calves, tiptoeing, kneeling, body rocking, etc.

3. Swimming or walking in the water
Water Exercises for Seniors Suitable for people with knee osteoarthritis because swimming reduces direct impact on hard surfaces. It helps to train the muscles of all parts of the body and practice systematic breathing. For the elderly who cannot swim You can exercise by walking back and forth in the water to exert more strength on your muscles.

To Be Continue...

4. Cycling
Cycling is suitable for older people with strength. due to having to control the bike and exert more force than usual Cycling strengthens the leg muscles more. It also makes it possible to enjoy riding to different places. and suitable for going as a group

5. Chinese boxing dance (Tai Chi Dance)
Chinese boxing dance is an exercise suitable for the elderly that gives both endurance, strength, flexibility, which in addition to the physical aspect, it also helps to train the mind. and breathing naturally

Chinese boxing dances make the elderly more social because they will be able to exercise together as a group And help create a society of elderly people who like to take care of themselves as well.

6. Yoga
Yoga is a branch of science that results in better health for those who practice it. both physically and mentally But yoga exercises need to be practiced properly in order to have a positive effect on the body.

To Be Continue...

5 Benefits of Exercise for Seniors
1. Help to resist disease and cure disease.
Consistent and correct exercise results in a reduced chance of getting sick. Due to the strength of the body and the systems within the body that still function normally In addition, regular exercise can help treat people with diabetes. hyperlipidemia The level of sugar and fat in the blood can be reduced.

2. Slow down the deterioration of organs
When entering old age, the body's systems will begin to weaken. including internal organs that may not function normally Exercise helps the strength of the body's system to function normally again. However, it depends on the suitability of each individual's exercise. If the elderly exercise regularly, it will help to slow down the deterioration of the organs more.

3. Help to balance and have a better shape.
When entering old age, there will be problems with the issue of weak bones. This may be due to the problem of being overweight, resulting in weak bones and frequent pain in the joints of the body. including that it may cause poor balance

Exercise increases the flexibility of the muscles or strengthening them is necessary to increase the efficiency of balance. In addition, the elderly should eat healthy food and complete the 5 groups as well to help reduce body weight that will cause balance problems.

4. Help build better mental health
Exercise in addition to helping the elderly have a strong body and internal systems. It also helps to create better mental health. When there is no disease or illness to prevail, it will also reduce the health concerns of the elderly. In addition, when the elderly come to exercise together in the health park It will help create a society of elderly people who like to take care of themselves. can create a new society

5. It has a positive effect on daily life.
As you get older, things you used to do quickly when you were young slow down. Whether it's walking, getting up, sitting, or any activity that requires a lot of physical activity. I can't do it. Therefore, exercise can help the elderly to continue their daily activities or reduce the difficulty in doing those activities. due to having a stronger body

Summarize
Exercise in the elderly can be effective. It must affect the body system to have a healthy mind and to reduce the chances of getting sick more. It depends on how often you exercise so that your body gets used to it and doesn't get hurt from exercise. However, the elderly should exercise according to their own suitability. Do not overdo it. and eat all 5 food groups each day. It will help the elderly have better physical health and a peaceful mind.

DONE. Hope you enjoy this article.

Thanks for all the good exercise information and welcome to Senior Forums. I do a 30 min. exercise video to improve balance each day. It's the best I've found for me. Tai Chi is difficult for me because I have trouble remembering and doing a routine like that. I tried it several years ago.

Chinese boxing dance (Tai Chi Dance)
Chinese boxing dance is an exercise suitable for the elderly that gives both endurance, strength, flexibility, which in addition to the physical aspect, it also helps to train the mind. and breathing naturally

Chinese boxing dances make the elderly more social because they will be able to exercise together as a group And help create a society of elderly people who like to take care of themselves as well.

6. Yoga
Yoga is a branch of science that results in better health for those who practice it. both physically and mentally But yoga exercises need to be practiced properly in order to have a positive effect on the body.

To Be Continue...
@mue1965mue , Thanks for this most valuable thread regarding exercises for the elderly. I'm glad that you mentioned Taichi, I am a Taichi instructor, and got certified last year through Silver Sneakers as well.
30+ minutes daily of physical activity makes a noticeable difference in the quality of life.

Thanks for all the good exercise information and welcome to Senior Forums. I do a 30 min. exercise video to improve balance each day. It's the best I've found for me. Tai Chi is difficult for me because I have trouble remembering and doing a routine like that. I tried it several years ago.
@RubyK , I understand the memory challenge of Taichi, the shorter routines are more in line with my needs. In my class we do Taichi forms but I refer to it as "Qigong" practice since Taichi is a part of Qigong. Youtube has a wealth of Tahichi and Qigong videos that are just fun to follow along with. Sometimes I enjoy the very rigid, traditional Taichi master's video sessions, other times I enjoy equally the more relaxed Qigong lessons.
My first instructor training was with Jessica Kolbe, a wonderful lady who's been teaching teachers for many years. Here is one of her Youtube videos:

You're Welcome. RubyK, :) I understand that because Tai Chi has some complicate gesture for people to remember, actually me too that have trouble remembering, hahaha, you can try another exercise that sooth to your style such as slow jogging. I will find video for you. I promise, Hope you may like it. Have a nice day.

I Just found the Video that I promise....here it is....
It need very little space to jog believe me I've been try this in my living room for more than a year, Enjoy :) hahahaha

Last edited:
I work out on a rebounder for about the length of time it takes to watch a Seinfeld episode on Netflix followed by a short routine with free weights. It's a lazy-man's workout.

I try to keep my knees bent more than the guy in the video. It seems to provide a better workout.

full

Hi everyone,
I have a question...if I would like to post a new thread...
Should I post down here or start a new thread in another page?
Thank you, for your advice, have a nice day :)

Back