What song did you take an instant dislike to?

Bretrick

Even though the song sold over a million copies in 1974 and became one of the band's most famous songs I found Band on the Run by Wings to be the pits of Music.
I remember labelling it Soppy
Maybe I projected my ambivalence/dislike of the Beatles towards anything that Paul McCartney produced.
The Album of the same name became the Top Selling Studio Album of 1974, with the help of the other successful single on the Album - Jet
To be honest, I thought Wings were awful.
But once again, that could be a hangover of my Beatles Apathy.
Anyway, not to my liking.
The Album in Total

Paul McCartney & Wings - 1973 - Band On The Run​

My Eyes Adored You-Frankie Valli
Feelings- Albert Morris
When I was pregnant with my DD.. My eyes adored you, and You're having My Baby .. were both in the charts ( '75).. and on our local pub Jukebox.. and everytime we were in there , my then husband or one of the patrons would drop a coin in and play one or both of those songs.

After I divorced my husband and father of my daughter, hearing both those songs made me feel ill... I've got over that now...:LOL:

When I was pregnant with my DD.. My eyes adored you, and You're having My Baby .. were both in the charts ( '75).. and on our local pub Jukebox.. and everytime we were in there , my then husband or one of the patrons would drop a coin in and play one or both of those songs.

After I divorced my husband and father of my daughter, hearing both those songs made me feel ill... I've got over that now...:LOL:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the same song *I* was going to list!

Number One for me is "Imagine" by John Lennon. Hands down, no contest. Worst. Song. Ever.

Number Two? That's tough. Although a strong contender is CSNY's "Almost Cut My Hair."

In the 70s there was a song on the radio called "The Night Chicago Died" that was really, really bad.

I also have a really strong dislike for Neil Young's "Cinnamon Girl." And I usually turn off the radio (or switch to a right wing talk station) whenever Bruce Springsteen comes on to sing about the troubles of the working man, although I like The Band's cover of his song "Atlantic City."

Just kidding about the talk station, but not about "The Boss."

Even though the song sold over a million copies in 1974 and became one of the band's most famous songs I found Band on the Run by Wings to be the pits of Music.
I remember labelling it Soppy
Maybe I projected my ambivalence/dislike of the Beatles towards anything that Paul McCartney produced.
The Album of the same name became the Top Selling Studio Album of 1974, with the help of the other successful single on the Album - Jet
To be honest, I thought Wings were awful.
But once again, that could be a hangover of my Beatles Apathy.
Anyway, not to my liking.
The Album in Total

Paul McCartney & Wings - 1973 - Band On The Run​

I could not agree with you more.

Imagine some has been Country singer yodeling the chorus to Ebony and Ivory. I'm sure it has been done at some fairground somewhere in the USA in the month of August on some evening after everyone has had too many Fire Company hot dogs and too many funnel cakes and just needed a place to sit down for a while.

Back