What the 'average' family/household will spend for Christmas...

Actually, that seems low to me...but then again it is an average. Our average is zero. We don't celebrate Christmas since we are Muslims. I'm so glad to be out of the rat race of trying to figure out what to get people. It also involved going to different stores, which took up a lot of time.But when we were still Christians, online shopping wasn't popular like it is now. Eventually I started just giving the children money, but you can't do that with adults. Gift cards are now the thing.

Actually, that seems low to me...but then again it is an average. Our average is zero. We don't celebrate Christmas since we are Muslims. I'm so glad to be out of the rat race of trying to figure out what to get people. It also involved going to different stores, which took up a lot of time.But when we were still Christians, online shopping wasn't popular like it is now. Eventually I started just giving the children money, but you can't do that with adults. Gift cards are now the thing.
It seems low to me too, as an average. I did well this year at keeping things sensible.
We are below that this year.

We have spent over that average for gifts, most of it for daughter and her boyfriend. Food and decorations probably add another $500.

Back