What Things Do You Do That Make You "Feel Your Age"?

Allergies, arthritic hands, stiffness, hearing loss and great grandchildren....hey, I've got you all beat.

Good for you Jackie! .:D .. I'll be waiting a long time .. my 23 yr. old granddaughter could care less about marriage and babies.
She wants to travel the world first! ... grandson, almost her age, can only think of a college/football career ...

My husband has 3 grandkids.. 18, 17 and 7.... but we never see them.. I guess technically they are my stepgrands..

The 18 year old is the brother of my two granddaughters, so see him on our annual visit. The 2 year old is dh's grandson and lives in Scotland, so we see him.

Well, my husband's daughter decided that her father should never remarry after her mother died... So the punishment was keeping the grands away from him. He hasn't seen them in 11 years. Sad..

Never really felt 'my age' til about a year and a half ago.... This is when we had our apartment house catch fire... We were displaced for varying lengths of time, from 4 months on up... I didn't think I would allow 'trauma' to upset me that much... Well, never say never... :/ ... I am 77... and sometimes wish I were only 65 again! :) I do ok, though... except for one older friend (she is 87) most of my best friends are much younger than me... and age just never enters into the picture. What I 'miss' the most is my exuberance ... and feeling 'excited about my life'... doesn't mean I don't think Life is not wondrous...because it IS...:)

Well..... I had 2 Gin and Tonics last night and got a raging headache.. OK,, can't drink wine... it gives me the runs... NOW can't dring gin.. I give up.

Don't give up! How about a margarita, or daiquiri, or whisky, or brandy..... Can you tell I've been on an alcohol-free weight loss diet?! :p

Don't give up! How about a margarita, or daiquiri, or whisky, or brandy..... Can you tell I've been on an alcohol-free weight loss diet?! :p

So am I, and we seldom drink... but I am having my oral surgery on Monday, so I decided to have a few drinks last night... Just to relax... because I'm a bit up tight about the whole thing. BUT it wasn't very relaxing with a pounding head.

So am I, and we seldom drink... but I am having my oral surgery on Monday, so I decided to have a few drinks last night... Just to relax... because I'm a bit up tight about the whole thing. BUT it wasn't very relaxing with a pounding head.

Sorry about the headache.

We are both beer drinkers and I also like wine. When we were at a Thailand wedding earlier this year my sisters in law and I became fond of the cold, sweet, fruity cocktails they served. Enjoyed the pure decadence of having a strawberry daiquiri served to us at lunchtime on the beach chairs. Won't be doing that this time!

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. Hope all goes well.

It would be that first moment when I truly open my eyes and look at myself under the bright lights of the bathroom mirror in the morning. Who the hell is that old hag staring at me from the other side of the glass? Put on my glasses.....OMG IT'S EVEN WORSE!!!....take off the glasses....much better. Turn down the lights....better to the max. It couldn't possibly be me! I just spent eight hours in my dreams being faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound and here I am, just your average old lady, shuffling along trying not to trip over my fallen bewbs. Growing old is NOT for the faint of heart.

I was never much of a drinker, really didn't actually drink at all when I was out at venues till I was in my 30's, my friend sort of corrupted me in that sense, but, I've got to say, at this stage, I might be knocking quite a few back if not for some of the meds I have to take daily. :drinking: I have a seagrams, peach fuzzy navel, that's been sitting in my fridge for about two or three years now. I did have a corona the night I was out at the Halloween party, first time I've ever ordered a beer. Still not a fan of beer, but it was ok. Don't get me wrong, I had my experimental period in High School for about one year. Alcohol has just never really agreed with me. Probably because I've always had some kind of off keel issue when it came to feeling dizzy naturally. LOL.

QS, good luck with the surgery.

Before I had my hips replaced, I felt about 106 (I even had to use a walker for about a year and the pain was awful). Now, with my new titanium hips, I'm a spring chicken again again (well, almost).

I guess the thing that makes me feel my age is getting up out of a chair after sitting too long (like at the computer when I've gotten engrossed in something) and I feel very creaky for a while.

I feel my age when I pull out my reading glasses to read something, when I slather my face with lifting & firming creme (but it works), when I go downstairs one tentative step at a time because I'm afraid of falling and getting seriously injured.

And, I can't drink either because I'd get a headache that would last for a week, but that's no biggie since I never drank much anyway.

Back