What to do with our porch?

Ronni

The motormouth ;)
I love having all these plants on the porch!! It’s going to look so bare out here when I have to move them all inside for the winter.

Couple questions for any of you who garden or grow things. Right now, with all the remodeling we’re doing, I don’t have a lot of available windows with decent light sources for the plants to overwinter inside. What do you think about grow lights?

Also, suggestions for how to liven up the porch/make it look less bare once I move all the plants. On all but the coldest of days we sit out here morning and evening before and after work chatting and sipping coffee or a drink. It’s our place to unwind and kick back, and the more attractive it is the more we can relax

8A55B806-D806-48D1-AB06-0698CBCC94AD.jpeg

210FFFDB-E210-4A1D-94C8-EB6E9D2EE09B.jpeg

434B1631-20BA-4A1E-98F7-F0C84A105915.jpeg

Grow lights should help the plants overwinter in the house.
I love!!!! your porch!!!!!. I do not have a green thumb :(
On my patio I have a few oil lamps for evenings and a camp heater for really cold mornings.

You certainly have a nice porch and a lot of plants. I don't know much about those lights. I do know that plants should be taken in while it is still a bit warm at night. If you wait to long it becomes a shock going from very cool conditions to a warm house. Many times I have taken cuttings or a shoot from the main plant and started it indoors which takes up less space than bringing in the original plant which may have out grown its pot anyway.

Back