What Will Black Friday Look Like?

Good luck Walmart in limiting occupancy to 20%. Judging by the deportment of clientele in previous years, the crowds will probably bust through the doors and just go for it.

To me, it seems that the Cyber whatever sales will be a much safer way to go wild with the wallet for those who choose to do so.

Tony

From what I've seen on television Black Friday has become a month-long event in stores and online.

Our local mega-mall is closed on Thanksgiving day but will open at 6:00 am on Black Friday. Currently, the mall is limited to 50% capacity but now that we are in a state-mandated Yellow Zone the capacity may be decreased or new restrictions may be implemented before Black Friday.

I never did go out on Black Friday. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it doesn't cause all sorts of problems with people pushing and shoving to get in line especially if they are only letting a limited amount in the stores.
Be prepared for a spike in the virus like we have never seen before.
All because of a few dollars saved on items we probably don't need.

IF the stores don't limit the number of people allowed in, and Don't ask that all the customers wear masks, Black Friday will just be another "Super Spreader" event. Out of curiosity, we went to a Black Friday at our local Walmart, 3 or 4 years ago,,,,and that once was enough....what a zoo! Like many, we have shopped online this year, and we have everyone's Christmas present already to go.

It’s not just controlling the limited numbers inside, it’s the mobs outside.

Our stores have been having BF sales all week long for the past couple of months. In others words, just your regular weekly sale.

It appears that our governor is having our state go into a lockdown of sorts starting this Friday. Restaurants will be take out only, bars will be closed, no gatherings, etc. Apparently, this will last 4 a month. However, the governor has been known to extend certain COVID-19 emergency measures as the medical community advises, so who knows how long it will last this time?

Tony

I have never shopped on black Friday. I always bought my gifts through out the year. Switched to gift cards after my stroke. Everybody gets what they want and I can stay home. I know what everybody likes and they get gift cards for their hobbies or needs. They range from Amazon, Starbucks, Dick's Sporting Goods, Bass Pro, TJ Maxx to Visa and Mastercard. They are always eager to tell me what they got and especially if they got a good sale!

Its easy for me and they like it so I do it now for their birthdays! I usually get them at Kroger using my Kroger rewards credit card. The card gives points for purchases and then sends a check to be used there. Right now I have 2 (10.00) checks to be used there when I start getting out again.

We are now in "Pre-Thanksgiving Sales", next is "Thanksgiving Day Sales" followed by weeks of "After Thanksgiving Sales". Then there is Christmas, New Years............(yeck)

Terry, there's only one thing wrong with those gift cards. If you send one through the mail and it gets lost/stolen/whatever, tough luck. There is no way to get a refund. This happened to me; I sent one a few years ago to my granddaughter, and it was probably delivered to the wrong apartment, and never arrived at granddaughter's house.

I was sent a gift card and it was hacked. I reported it to the company, they investigated and concluded it was hacked. They sent me a new one, with the balance added back. I used it as soon as I got it so it could not happen again.

Any Black Friday day of event sounds scary to me. We have active Black Friday deals advertised already in my area. (if they are really deals, I don't know as I'm not shopping) I think online shopping will be big.

There are tons of black Friday sales being advertised right now here in Houston. There is nothing I am interested in except for an instapot. I would like a small one but not sure if its a good idea as they make so much at a time and I would have to freeze the leftovers.

My sister has one and loves it but they have a lot of company in and out and she does not have any leftovers. But hers is a 6 quart and I would like a 3-4 quart.

I don't see any harm in the online version of it.
Virtual fisticuffs? :)

A site that sells guitar courses done by well known guitarists in a variety of musical styles is currently having their sale, so I bought a couple of jazz courses from a working jazz guitarist (Frank Vignola) who also happens to be an excellent teacher. The discounts were substantial and these are the site's every day downloadable offerings, rather than some junk they drag out of the warehouse just for Black Friday.

I am pretty sure that this will be about the extent of my online Black Friday shopping for the season, and I never do anything with local Black Friday anyway.

Tony

There are tons of black Friday sales being advertised right now here in Houston. There is nothing I am interested in except for an instapot. I would like a small one but not sure if its a good idea as they make so much at a time and I would have to freeze the leftovers.

My sister has one and loves it but they have a lot of company in and out and she does not have any leftovers. But hers is a 6 quart and I would like a 3-4 quart.
I've been interested in a small Instapot especially for summer cooking. I would only want a small one also. I guess you don't need to fill them all the way? I'm not sure. They are a pressure cooker type device I believe.

At my house, Black Friday is going to look like PJs and slippers, a cup of coffee and a leisurely browse through some online sites. It's been bad enough in years past, getting trampled at malls and practically assaulted by people who want to buy the same thing that I want. Add the risk of Covid to that, and you can count me out...

Has anyone looked at the AirFryers instead of the Instapot. My DD has both and loves the AirFryer, except that it’s too small for her family.

I’ll look online. No stores for me.

Back