What would you do if you were the richest person on earth??

First thing I'd do is to build a super huge food panty and fully stock it... fighting hunger and homelessness are very important projects for me. I'd hire a full staff to vet... need to make sure it's actually going to the needy. The system for that is broken in my area and the UNneedy are gathering up the "free food."

Secondly I'd build a homeless shelter and hire a full staff there, too.

Then I'd probably go to my favorite spot in Florida for a month... or ten.

I would pay my bills off, buy a brand spankin new car with all the bells and whistles. Then buy myself a home with a big ass gate & some security dogs. Then get myself the most amazing gaming set up money could buy. Then I would look for opportunities to give regularly.

You mean what would we do if we were Elon Musk ?:D...just think how fab it would be never to have to worry about how you;re going to pay a Utility bill , or a dentist bill... or just order any item fr your home or you closet, without even considering the price..
(in business) While Musk doesn't have to worry about suddenly losing tens-of-thousands or even hundreds-of-thousands, he does have to worry about suddenly losing millions or trillions.

He doesn't really have a private life. The public is aware of just about everything he says and does, and it seems he gets a lot more criticism than praise.

I wouldn't deal with that very well.

What would I do if I were the richest person on earth? Be screwed up and out of touch with how life really is for everyone other than them like all or most of the richest on earth are. Like Cindi Lauper says, "Money changes everything" and too much money changes it for the worse.

Then you could leave the heat on all the time! 🤗
yes , not once does he ever have to think that he can't have the heat on...like me right now..I'm so cold, I've just turned the heating on for 30 minutes... worried about it, because I had it on for an hour already today... but there's thick ice outside, and despite wearing 3 layers of clothing I'm freezing cold, I can barely feel my fingers..

I wouldn't have to worry about that if I was the richest person..

yes , not once does he ever have to think that he can't have the heat on...like me right now..I'm so cold, I've just turned the heating on for 30 minutes... worried about it, because I had it on for an hour already today... but there's thick ice outside, and despite wearing 3 layers of clothing I'm freezing cold, I can barely feel my fingers..

That's worrying @hollydolly, especially as you have arthritis. Could you at least heat one room, preferably the one you use most of the day? An electric blanket and/or heated throw would be warm, we have them and they are cheap to use. Actually, once they have heated up, you can turn them off and they stay warm for hours.

What would I do if I were the richest person on earth? Be screwed up and out of touch with how life really is for everyone other than them like all or most of the richest on earth are. Like Cindi Lauper says, "Money changes everything" and too much money changes it for the worse.
na you wouldn't because you've lived it for 60 years....you'd never lose sight of that

That's worrying @hollydolly, especially as you have arthritis. Could you at least heat one room, preferably the one you use most of the day? An electric blanket and/or heated throw would be warm, we have them and they are cheap to use. Actually, once they have heated up, you can turn them off and they stay warm for hours.
that's the ironic thing Trish... because the one room in the whole house which has no heating.. nor radiator... is this office room. I do have a little portable electric heater, but now since electricity is sooo expensive I would have to literally be suffering from frostbite before I;d turn it on..

I've got fleece blankets, currently I have one folded thickly over my legs but of course my hands are still frozen..

My dd has an electric blanket that she uses while watching tv on the sofa... I might consider that... but again it won't be useful here in the Office room...

When it's not cold enough to turn on the central heating but, it's a little chilly, I use one of these?

John Lewis Tower Electric Heater, White

It heats a room up really quickly, has an eco setting and you can set the temperature so it only comes on when the temperature drops below whatever you have set it at. It has a remote control as well.

Definitely look into getting an electric blanket or throw as they are really warm and you don't need to keep them on for hours as they stay warm for ages.

I was looking for the handwarmers which a friend of ours had for golf and couldn't find them but, I did find these. Have you ever used them?

Amazon.co.uk

When it's not cold enough to turn on the central heating but, it's a little chilly, I use one of these?

John Lewis Tower Electric Heater, White

It heats a room up really quickly, has an eco setting and you can set the temperature so it only comes on when the temperature drops below whatever you have set it at. It has a remote control as well.

Definitely look into getting an electric blanket or throw as they are really warm and you don't need to keep them on for hours as they stay warm for ages.

I was looking for the handwarmers which a friend of ours had for golf and couldn't find them but, I did find these. Have you ever used them?

Amazon.co.uk
trish., thanks for suggestions...but I do have electric heaters..I've got a bigger one in the barn as well. it's just that I cannot afford to run them, not since the utilities shot up in price 2 years ago... and I now only have one income . I've got gloves..loads...fingerless as well thinking I could use them while using the computer, but they're very slippy on the mouse, so not really helpful.

I do miss just turning on the heating at a whim as I have always in the past... it's one thing that really makes me angry since he's been gone..

Sorry you are going through this, @hollydolly! I tend to get cold easily, and understand what you are going through.
Here are some suggestions:
If it's easy enough, take a trip to a place where there is heating and spend the day there (library? mall?).
Get a blanket and sit on it, and when you need to warm your hands place them underneath the blanket. That will give you some temporary relief.
Heat some tea or coffee, and warm your hands with the hot mug. I've done that many times.
Finally, can you contact the electric company and work out a deal? I know here in the states, we can set up a monthly bill that is an average for the whole year. Things to think about...

Being the richest person in the world would never happen to me, but if that were the case, I would help my family first, then the neighborhood poor and needy, then go nationally. I would probably focus on making that money work for me and multiply, and use it as a foundation or a trust.

Back