Whats on your bucket list?

And how is that going?

Mine?
Motorcycle ride cross country

I had a motorcycle trip on Route 66 on my list that we just did in June. I was starting to feel like I'd never do it, so I just went for it. It was everything I hoped it would be. I'm ready to do it again...

Now on the list:

Motorcycle trip to China Grove (from the song) and La Grange (from that song). Those will hopefully be this year.
Go to Houston to see the Saturn V rocket.
Go to the mountains again.
A trip to the Redwoods where I grew up.
Learn how to fly fish.
A train trip with my wifey.
Play in front of an audience again (more than) once more.
A trip to the Virgin Islands for recycling.

And how is that going?

My list is small because I've done so much in life's journey. Its a living document, always modifying, always changing
I've done amazing things, seen so much in my lifetime, more than I could ever have imagined. Looking back, or relating stories to some elder friends, they cannot believe I had that many adventures! Then, I think to myself.....Wow! Pretty nice experiences.
My list of things I'd like to do is getting shorter. I guess I'll just let fate decide what is next for me.

I’m hoping to live a long and healthy life, perhaps make it to three digits if it’s in the cards but only if I’m still finding this ride interesting. Otherwise May as well shuffle the cards and rejoin the biome. I’m anticipating an afterlife as mulch and would like to diversify into a range of interesting plants when the time comes.

Motorcycle riding has become more dangerous lately. More and more people just don't care.
Funny you should say that. Yesterday took walk, and I hear this loud rumble. 2 motorcycles going through a child's playground, then onto the sidewalk, rode a bit until finally going on actual road. This was not a good thing to do.

Funny you should say that. Yesterday took walk, and I hear this loud rumble. 2 motorcycles going through a child's playground, then onto the sidewalk, rode a bit until finally going on actual road. This was not a good thing to do.
I agree. Yesterday I saw a car driving 90+ MPH through a school zone. Leading police on a high speed chase.

My bucket done rusted out. I have not been out of this small county for a few years now. I still have 11 years to go before I reach 100.
That's so funny! True, tho. We have been many places & have a head full of memories. Don't have the mobility to go
beyond our town now, probably. We hope you make that 100, Manatee.

And how is that going?

Mine?
Motorcycle ride cross country
Playing at Monte Carlo, Monaco
Being of sound mind to interact with my grandchildren's children

My list is small because I've done so much in life's journey. Its a living document, always modifying, always changing
Hoping to reduce my bucket list as many trips on it are now impossible due to Pandemic and the wholeshebang. Then, I really don't want to visit these places without him. It wouldn't be the same. Hard to explain.

Currently, one item at top is a possibility to visit Edinburgh for a day escape unless we find a backpack carry on for kitten, then maybe an overnight stay but so far just a day trip.

Nothing ! Had a great life. Great wife and close family. Enjoyed the last 30 years of retirement. Winters in Florida. Spring and fall in Maine most of those years. (see avatar)
Now at 89 and my "young" wife at 87, we're pretty much " out of gas". Can't complain though. Been together since 1953 and just being here is a blessing.
My thought- - - Do things while you still can. Everyone's bucket develops rust holes and at a certain point, they can't be patched.:(

You’ve been with your missus from the year I was born and I’m no spring chicken myself. But I agree there is plenty to interest without drawing from the same wells forever.

Back