What's your favorite sandwich?

i_am_Lois

My favorite sandwich is a hoagie. That's what the sandwich I like is called in Philadelphia.
It is also known in other parts of the country as a submarine, sub, hero, grinder and baguette.
What is your favorite sandwich?

View attachment 6543

I haven't had a good corned beef sandwich since I used to go to an Irish tavern as a kid. I know it isn't exactly heart-friendly, but boy I miss it.

Right now my favorite is your basic tuna fish on whole wheat - nothing fancy, nothing extra added except a little mayo and lemon juice.

Once in a while I'll make myself a jumbo bacon-cheeseburger, 3/4 lb. or so. with pickles and lettuce and some dressing, but that's like a once-a-month kind of thing. Although I could live on them I know it wouldn't be very smart.

Of course, pizza is still my favorite food but I don't think it qualifies as a sandwich (although it IS really just bread, cheese and meat ;)).

Down here in Texas, we have a fast food chain called Subway. I'm not sure how far this chain goes, but I think they have ruined the whole concept of a good sandwich. At first they put out a good sandwich, but it didn't take long for them to start making the bread larger, and the stuffing became less and less. :grrr::shucks:

Our favorite for the past few years has been Prosciutto, Havarti Cheese (Danish Crème), thin sliced onion, mayo and Dijon mustard on a Croissant roll.

Falcon almost stole mine. Mines not a BLT though, it has no "L". Just all the bacon you can get on it, tomatoes and avocados. On toasted whole wheat bread

I also like Ruben sandwiches especially with homemade kraut

Down here in Texas, we have a fast food chain called Subway. I'm not sure how far this chain goes, but I think they have ruined the whole concept of a good sandwich. At first they put out a good sandwich, but it didn't take long for them to start making the bread larger, and the stuffing became less and less. :grrr::shucks:

They are here in the land down under too

I don`t like tomatoes and hubby isn`t too fond of them either, so I came up with the idea of using roasted sweet red peppers instead to make BLTs-or BLPs as we call them now. To die for. I always roast peppers for our "special" homemade pizza. Pesto,roasted peppers and mozzarella. Yum!

Good idea, Mrs. Robinson, I love roasted peppers.

I just thought of another favorite sandwich.....turkey with whole cranberry sauce and lettuce on oat bran bread.

I don't do bread but when I did my favorite sandwich was good old fashioned tuna on rye with avocado, tomato & sprouts

Back