wheels of the 50's

the oldest i owned was a 1955 Ford crown vicki.

for me it was muscles of the 60's and 70's. run like a raped ape and pass everything but a gas station.

Those cars were so much a part of my life! My parents had a `54 Chevy,then several `55,`56 and `57s,as my dad was a salesman and alwayd company cars and those were the vehicles they almost always gave him. Then in 1958,my parents bought a brand new yellow Impala Convertible. Wish I had that one today-they bring really big bucks. Met dh at 15 and he had a `57 Chevy Bel Air.I tell him that was the only reason I went out with him ;) A short time later,I bought a `55 Chevy from his dad for myself. When we got married two years later,I had a `51 Chevy,all tricked out,and he had a `61 Chevy Impala. That one was stolen from outside our first apartment but he didn`t get far-a couple of blocks and he ran out of gas lol. Dh`s dad actually had a whole fleet of `57 Chevys at his body shop-painted them all purple and gave them out as loaner cars. Those were the days.....

The car my folks had the whole time I was growing up was a 1953 Buick Special, and it was a very dependable car. I think it was a year or two old when they got it, but the old 47 Plymouth needed replacing, and it was parked in the garage and sat there for many years afterward. I think my dad finally talked Mom into selling it, since by then it was valuable again, they were not likely to ever drive it anymore, and he wanted the extra room in the garage (which was also his shop).
When I got married, my husband had a 56 Desoto, and we drove that for several years, until we could afford an economical little Rambler American.

young guys today are looking high and low for these classics to restore them. including the ole rusty ones out in a country field or barn. and when restored they bring a pretty penny

2wf39dv.jpg

1ag7q.jpg

We have a red 1963 Ford short bed truck, and believe it or not, there are no dings. It runs well, but it is getting harder to steer as we get older. So I think Michael is thinking of selling it, but we haven't a clue as how much it is worth.

My Dad inherited a 1950 Chevy from his mother. I sure do hate he sold it late in his life. I didn't have a good place to store it at the time and he wanted it gone. :(

1951 Packard

1951 Packard.jpg

This 1951 Packard was purchased new by my Dads cousin, he was still driving it until he died this year. My parents road in it for their wedding.

Dan

Back