When Was The Last Time You Had A Manicure?

RadishRose

SF VIP
[h=1]Man With World's Longest Fingernails Cuts Them Off After 66 Years[/h]A man with fingernails longer than a bus finally cut them off during a “nail clipping ceremony” in New York earlier this week after 66 years of growing them out.

Shridhar Chillal, 82, from Pune, India, holds the Guinness World Record for the longest fingernails on one hand.

http://www.newsweek.com/man-worlds-...em-after-66-years-donates-them-museum-1020142

It's an interesting life choice to spend 66 years endlessly considering one's fingernails and making accommodations for them. I'd guess he's had very few people interested in lunching with him, and even fewer restaurants welcoming his business.

People who do really weird stuff fascinate me so I consulted Auntie Google. Sorry ladies, he's been taken. He has a wife, two children and some grandchildren. If that's not proof positive that for every pot there is a lid, I don't know what is. Also, he did work but is now retired. A photographer, no less. I'm forming a mental picture of him dragging those gnarly nails around while photographing a newly married couple in front of their wedding cake.

:holymoly:

How do you do ANYTHING with nails like that? That is so disgusting!!!!! I would not get near a man who had nails like that!

That is disgusting. I've never had a pedicure or manicure. I do remember a few girls in high school growing their nails very long and sending them to, I think Revlon Co. where they did some sort of testing on them.
The girls were paid by the inch I think. They dreaded Gym class because if they broke one it was money out the window.

I've never had anyone cut my nails, but my grandfather got a manicure along with his haircut every single week. It was one of his few indulgences.

My nails grow very quickly and are rock hard, so I have to cut them every week. To me, long nails on men are unsightly and inconvenient.

th

That has got to be longer than a week. Nobody’s nails grow that fast nor have I ever seen men with nails that long.
They look like women’s hands. Some nail polish would make them look nicer :laugh:
Im just playfully teasing

I hate long nails on a man..my husbands' nails grow fast and they're so strong he sometimes uses them to unscrew screws, so he has to cut them regularly, but he would look at me like I was nuts if I suggested he had a manicure.

I get manicures less regularly now since I retired, but I get them done for high days and holidays.. I'll be getting them done next month before I go overseas...

I always look for the positive in things. That said, I'm having a really hard time finding anything nice to say about these people. :(

At least the english gentleman only grew his nails on one hand. That left his other hand available to do things with. The women though??? I mean, jeez. How do they wash their hair? Feed themselves? How do they do anything!!! I mean, women have to sit down to pee, right? Several times a day. So how do these women take care of their hygiene after? I can see having someone cook for you or help you dress...but the bathroom stuff? I can't even!!!!

The mind just boggles!!!

I only had one manicure around 20 years ago, didn't like someone else jabbing my cuticles. I cut and file my own nails when needed, rarely use polish at all, if I do it's clear. I never fussed with my nails, I do a lot of work around the house and yard and long nails would just break and get in the way. I did try some fake nails when I was a teen and my friends were using them, they lasted around a day before I removed them, hard to even button a button with ease.

Back