When Will You Take Down Christmas Decorations?

I didn't put the tree up this year, or the lights around the windows . I have a wreath on the front door.. a mantelpiece with some lighted ornaments.. lit candles and flameless candelabra ....and several Items around the hearth . I could remove the whole lot in 10 minutes or less.. and usually I'd leave it up until New year but this year I have no more visitors coming so I'll probably take them down in the next day or so

It’ll all come down on January 2nd. Not that there’s much. There’s always one little decoration that hides and I have to open the storage box to tuck it away. I don’t put things out until mid December so I’m not so sick of them. I like the lights in the window displays on cold winter nights.

I only had my littler ceramic tree in the window to take down and Christmas cards that were on the back of my door (with magnets). Took it all down just a few minutes ago. I leave the silver foil Christmas tree on the curio cabinet up there all year. Then if it is dreary outside and too dark in here, I turn on the fairy lights. So that is not going anywhere.

I will take down the snowman outside my door the next time I go to my storage locker because that is where he lives the rest of the year.

I am dreading taking down all the decorations; so, I'm in no hurry to do so. o_O Just think... I used two packages of ornament hangers on the Christmas tree; each one has 100 hangers. :eek: A few hangers were left unused though. Then there's the array of Christmas trees (ceramic, wood, etc.) all over the place. Lanterns here and there. Need I go on?!?

I am dreading taking down all the decorations; so, I'm in no hurry to do so. o_O Just think... I used two packages of ornament hangers on the Christmas tree; each one has 100 hangers. :eek: A few hangers were left unused though. Then there's the array of Christmas trees (ceramic, wood, etc.) all over the place. Lanterns here and there. Need I go on?!?

I understand that, but the darn HEAT around here ruins the Christmas spirit for me Pam. :ROFLMAO:

Me and my wife usualy leave the Christmas decoratios up till arround the middle of January. But this year my wife had serious surgery and is at home recovering. Se told the children that she wants to have Christmas in March after she is healed and in good condition. So our decorations might stay up untill March although we only have one decoration on the front of our house a four foot star and a small three foot artificial Christmas tree.

Our family tradition was to keep the tree up till Three Kings Day (Jan.6)
So that's how it will be.. it's just " a cute little one" so no trouble putting or taking down..to store away.
And a lighted wreath..on front window..

Noel Joyeux lasts a longer time in France. There are the 12 Days of Christmas, then the feast of Kings where a special almond cake is eaten with celebration, then Christmas Tide goes on into February most years, not sure when it ends. So our sparkly lights stay up for at least that long! Our tree is reallysparkly holly leaves with little red lights on a coat stand this year, decorated with a few ornaments and ribbons, sort of minimalist.

So, joyeux Noel to all 🕊🕊Turtle Doves and 🐔🐔🐔French Hens to you all!

🌸 ❤️🕊🕊🕊❤️ 🌸

Back