When You Get To Old To Walk Your Dog

lukebass

About three years ago I was struggling to give my dog a proper walk. I started looking for a small house with a fenced yard, but could not find a thing. I considered giving her up. I looked into hiring a dog walker but that amounted to $10/walk and that adds up to a lot of money annually. Then I got the notion of buying a mobility cart and that is what I did. The cost was less than the cost of dog walker and a complete return on investment in about six months. My dog loves it because she walks, not runs, about 5-6 mph. I surely couldn't walk that fast but my mobility cart can. Missy gets two or three walks at day from .5 to a full mile each walk. She is in great shape.

My point is simply that if you find yourself in a situation where walking your pet becomes too much then consider buying a mobility cart. One word of caution; some dogs might not take to walking along with a mobility cart so you might want to rent one first.

About three years ago I was struggling to give my dog a proper walk. I started looking for a small house with a fenced yard, but could not find a thing. I considered giving her up. I looked into hiring a dog walker but that amounted to $10/walk and that adds up to a lot of money annually. Then I got the notion of buying a mobility cart and that is what I did. The cost was less than the cost of dog walker and a complete return on investment in about six months. My dog loves it because she walks, not runs, about 5-6 mph. I surely couldn't walk that fast but my mobility cart can. Missy gets two or three walks at day from .5 to a full mile each walk. She is in great shape.

My point is simply that if you find yourself in a situation where walking your pet becomes too much then consider buying a mobility cart. One word of caution; some dogs might not take to walking along with a mobility cart so you might want to rent one first.
Like they say, ''where there's a will, there is a way". Congrats on finding a solution to your problem, so glad you didn't give up your dog. Can you post a pic of what the mobility cart looks like? Doesn't have to be yours, a stock photo is fine. How much was it?

Luke, glad you solved the walking problem with your little Schnauzer, that's great. I don't know anything about a mobility cart either.

I see mobility scooters where I live everyday. ... Some are Vets who need them for just getting around the area, and a couple use theirs to let their dogs run along side of them.. It seems like a good solution for all.

Someday when I can't keep up with my dog on walks, I will definitely look into getting one. For now, I really enjoy the daily walking.

Back