Where's my stimulus check?

I got a stimulus check months ago. I'm confused. I though we were supposed to get a second stimulus check for $600. I have not received the second check. And now there's talk of a future stimulus check. Has anybody gotten that $600 check? So, I'm wondering if you all got the second check, who do I contact to find out what happened to my check?

Instead of a check, I got a weird debit card that I activated & deposited it into my regular ck account. I haven't heard about a second $600.00 yet.

Many of the people who have direct deposit with the IRS have had the $600 already deposited. According to the IRS web site, they have started mailing out checks to everyone else, in the past week. Depending upon the USPS, checks should be arriving within the next week or two. You can go to the IRS web site, and see if your check has been processed. According to that site, ours have been processed, and hopefully they will show up soon.
According to what the new administration in Washington is saying, they will be trying to pass an additional $1400 for every eligible person...perhaps by Spring.

Not yet!

The government website indicates that my check was mailed on the 6th of January and that it could take 3-6 weeks to arrive.

I received the last one without any issues so I assume that this one will arrive eventually.

I've read that if you do not receive a stimulus check you can file a claim on your federal income tax for a $600.00 tax credit/rebate.

Many of the people who have direct deposit with the IRS have had the $600 already deposited. According to the IRS web site, they have started mailing out checks to everyone else, in the past week. Depending upon the USPS, checks should be arriving within the next week or two. You can go to the IRS web site, and see if your check has been processed. According to that site, ours have been processed, and hopefully they will show up soon.
According to what the new administration in Washington is saying, they will be trying to pass an additional $1400 for every eligible person...perhaps by Spring.
If you get SS by direct deposit, you should get the check there.

If I die before then will it be retro-active??

I received my $600.00 stimulus check just days after the announcement. The new administration coming in is going to ask for an additional $1400.00 stimulus be sent out to total the $2000.00 that was originally requested by the previous President, or will have been the previous President after 1/20.

This is all well and good, but there are some of us that do not have an immediate need for this money and I think the government should be more selective in who gets the money. How they would go about doing this, I really do not know. Maybe start with sending the checks to the unemployed and work from there.

I would be interested in hearing what other people think about all of this money being spent without any way to pay for it. I remember back in one of the former administrations, that it was the Senate that stated they would not approve spending anymore money, unless the requestor could show how it was going to be paid for.

Here's my point. The U.S. cannot keep going further and further into debt. There are all kinds of things that can happen if we hit the debt ceiling. None of which are good. There is a ceiling to borrowing, even though Congress keeps raising it, so they can borrow more money. If we would default, the countries we owe could force us into bankruptcy and this would make it much easier for a country like China to take us over. Yes, we are a ways from that happening, but it is a possibility in the future. We have to stop spending and one way is to stop going to war.

Prior to Jan 4th, my bank sent me an e mail and told me I would be getting the stimulus on Jan.4th.

They knew in advance who would be getting the stimulus...Who notified them??

Last edited:
My 600 bucks check was mailed on the 6th according
to info i got, but no sign of it yet........:confused:
Think a lot of the check tracings might be saying they were mailed on the 6th. Neighbor's says that too. She hasn't received hers. We haven't got ours either.

I received my $600.00 stimulus check just days after the announcement. The new administration coming in is going to ask for an additional $1400.00 stimulus be sent out to total the $2000.00 that was originally requested by the previous President, or will have been the previous President after 1/20.

This is all well and good, but there are some of us that do not have an immediate need for this money and I think the government should be more selective in who gets the money. How they would go about doing this, I really do not know. Maybe start with sending the checks to the unemployed and work from there.

I would be interested in hearing what other people think about all of this money being spent without any way to pay for it. I remember back in one of the former administrations, that it was the Senate that stated they would not approve spending anymore money, unless the requestor could show how it was going to be paid for.

Here's my point. The U.S. cannot keep going further and further into debt. There are all kinds of things that can happen if we hit the debt ceiling. None of which are good. There is a ceiling to borrowing, even though Congress keeps raising it, so they can borrow more money. If we would default, the countries we owe could force us into bankruptcy and this would make it much easier for a country like China to take us over. Yes, we are a ways from that happening, but it is a possibility in the future. We have to stop spending and one way is to stop going to war.
I agree. Considering the months of debate about the entire stimulus package, if congress was truly concerned about people's suffering due to covid, they would have used those months finding ways to temporarily reduce fed spending elsewhere. They had almost a whole year. Instead, they increased federal spending and gave people stimulus money as if there's no tomorrow.

$600 was deposited to my check'g acct on Jan 1.

Its strange that they send your SS checks each month via direct deposit, but they can't seem to find your name and SS # to send the stimulus checks that way, too...without "signing up" I mean.
there has been a lot of strange in this.... I am happy for those who need it getting it quickly but for many reasons some who Qualify were missed.

FB before I got my check, I was looking on the IRS website to see when and by what method I could expect it. The site says that it could take up to 14 days by USPS to receive the payment. I did get my check this past Wednesday, the 13th. According to the site it was scheduled to be mailed out on the 6th...so it took a week. Since they have my bank information due to tax payments, I don't know why they mailed it...again! Use this link to check on the status of your payment, if you haven't done so already. To get started click on the Get My Payment in blue. There is other information on the initial linked page that may wind up being helpful.
https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

There was a single $600 stimulus check and mine was direct deposited a couple of weeks ago although it was talked about for months by dubious news media.

A second stimulus of $1,400 is suggested in the proposed bill which will be presented by the new in-coming administration.

It pays to get your news from a reliable source that deals with fact rather than myth.

The Bottom Line​

Many people believe that much of U.S. debt is owed to foreign countries like China and Japan. The truth is, most of it is owed to Social Security and pension funds. This means U.S. citizens, through their retirement money, own most of the national debt.

U.S. national debt is the sum of these two federal debt categories:

• Public debt (held by other countries, the Federal Reserve, mutual funds, and other entities and individuals)
  • Intragovernmental holdings (held by Social Security, Military Retirement Fund, Medicare, and other retirement funds)
https://www.thebalance.com/who-owns-the-u-s-national-debt-3306124

I got a stimulus check months ago. I'm confused. I though we were supposed to get a second stimulus check for $600. I have not received the second check. And now there's talk of a future stimulus check. Has anybody gotten that $600 check? So, I'm wondering if you all got the second check, who do I contact to find out what happened to my check?
If you file your income taxes electronically, it should be direct deposited to your account. If not they will send you a check to sign and deposit.

We did not sign up..(??)
Think it has to do with the IRS...if you have your tax return done by an outside source, like an accountant, then you would get mailed a check so they don't send it to the accountant's address. They've had issues with this in the past from what I've read.

Back