Which sex are you more comfortable with?

Probably male, due to my childhood. Every happy memory I have is of my grandfather and I used to have so much fun hanging with him. I am not good with the warm, fuzzy, emotional stuff, am more stoic, though my emotions do run deep. I can relate to matter of fact, hard working women best.

Almost all my friends are men. Women don't make me UNcomfortable, but there's a lot of things I don't care to talk to them about unless they bring it up. You know, a range of things, like camping and fishing spots, itchy skin, women. I do have a close friend who's a woman, though; a neighbor named Pleasance. Sweet name, and she is pleasant, but she's also got a lot of street cred, you could say.

The problems in my life ( bar the problems of my father and lately my husband ).. have almost always been caused by women.. I have absolutely no idea how women can be so nasty and devious,.. ( sorry, my friends here excepted)... so in truth almost all the people I've been able to trust all my life have been men, and the vast majority of my friends to this day have always been Male.. I grew up with my brother who is just 14 months younger and we were like twins growing up.. so I learned to play and climb, and run more like my brother and his friends.. and preferred it to playing with Dolls.. I never owned a doll... ..my younger sisters were a mystery to me.. especially as we got to be teens.. I didn't know and had no real interest tbh.. in make-up and so on... not that I was a tomboy but I just couldn't relate to giggling over boys.. and sleepovers , with pyjama parties.. and I still can't...

My female friends are all down to earth , not masculine, but like men in their way of thinking.. tell it to me straight and we'll remain friends

I like that.. and that's how most Males are..

don't be deceitful, and stab me in the back ( like so many women do ) ..

I taught in a girls' secondary school for 25 years; almost all female staff.
I found this environment a great place to work in; collegial and co-operative.

One on one I am at ease talking to men but in larger groups I find myself sidelined by blokey conversations.

My friends now are ladies I have known for many years through church activities. They are wonderful human beings and I cherish their friendship.

For the past 10 years most of my friends have been women at the gym. Mostly women in these senior classes, since their husbands chose to sit home on the sofa and die. Seriously, most are widowed, and some will be in the near future. That said, I have a couple guy friends at the gym, but they have their own lives, and that's fine with me.
I'm not a "buddy" guy, I find buddies to be a burden, and in the past they've been just a partner to get into trouble with.

As a much younger woman, most of my friends were male. For the most part, I found that deep down most women regard each other as (social) enemies and behave toward each other accordingly. It kind of soured me as far as friendships with other women is concerned. As I grew older and faced the effects of misogyny, I became almost as disillusioned where males were concerned. At this point in time, I only associate with my family and I'm completely contented. I've reached a point where gender is irrelevant - it's the kind of person that matters.

Interesting, most of the members at the gym I go to are also women. However most are much younger than I. Wonder why that is?

We do have some male members, but no more than 20 or 25%, fewer in the exercises classes I am often the only man.
Exactly what I'm talking about. These retired guys don't want to do anything but sit and watch Gunsmoke or some garbage opinion media. The wives want out of the house, they want to live, and they understand that taking care of their bodies is the key. I have a couple women gym friends that are about 10 years younger, who are married to men my age. The other women are my age, up to late 80s, God bless them for trying to live!

I've always been more comfortable around women, they didn't have any ulterior motives and I felt more able to be myself. With guys I tended to feel like I had to be more perfect and more like a stereotypical girl. And then when I was older although I was comfortable with a lot of guys at work there were plenty that were too guy-culture/boys-club/narcissistic and kept me reminded that guys aren't as relaxing as other women.

I've been lucky to mostly not be around women who were nasty (aside from one dorm-mate in college). Or maybe I just avoid those types. Maybe other women who are into horses or are IT professionals tend to have plenty of the spirit of camaraderie (tho I have just now remembered one woman at the stable that was NOT nice, but still that was one outlier from among dozens of fun other women).

I'd say I was too much of a tomboy to feel equally comfortable with guys, but since the TV version of a tomboy is a girl who excels at sports and gets along great with boys, I guess I am something else, picture the little girl who is out helping the dog dig holes in the yard, without tools.

Back