Which toothbrush.

Capt Lightning

Off for our twice a year visit to the hygienist for a scale and polish. I took the opportunity to ask her advice about electric toothbrushes. She said that there was only one brand that she would recommend, but it really came down to the person using it. She said that an ordinary toothbrush, properly used, was just as good as an electric one.

Off for our twice a year visit to the hygienist for a scale and polish. I took the opportunity to ask her advice about electric toothbrushes. She said that there was only one brand that she would recommend, but it really came down to the person using it. She said that an ordinary toothbrush, properly used, was just as good as an electric one.
i was informed a few years back, that these 6 monthly check-ups, are not necessary, 3 times a year , with hygienists, in between
its just extra money in their pockets ...

i was informed a few years back, that these 6 monthly check-ups, are not necessary, 3 times a year , with hygienists, in between
its just extra money in their pockets ...
Charry, there are virtually no NHS dentists here, so it's a matter of PAYG or be part of a dental plan. The plan we use provides for 2 checkups incl. any X-rays and 2 visits to the hygienist for scale & polish as necessary each year. Any remedial work is at a discounted rate.

If you don't need much work done, finding and NHS dentist or just paying for it privately may be worthwhile.

I have the sonicare after it was recommended by the dentist office. I do think I get better check ups after using it. When it goes out, I'll probably get another but I'll try a cheaper brand. I've heard they are all beneficial. Not really one brand over another,

I just have my 6 month cleaning yesterday which I hate. Due to x-rays and Dentist check, it was kind of expensive. I don't have dental insurance.

Charry, there are virtually no NHS dentists here, so it's a matter of PAYG or be part of a dental plan. The plan we use provides for 2 checkups incl. any X-rays and 2 visits to the hygienist for scale & polish as necessary each year. Any remedial work is at a discounted rate.

If you don't need much work done, finding and NHS dentist or just paying for it privately may be worthwhile.
I am private , always have been, but I just go every 2 years now , with hygienist once a year …

I first bought a Sonicare, pricey at around $160, but I liked it and used it for years until It was ready to fall apart. I then got an Oral B, with the rotary action brush. Didn't like it as much, but is 'OK'. End up buying another Sonicare, a $24 version which I like as much as the $160 Sonicare brush.

I have a private Dentist, and she has always said the same as your Dentist Capt...
\I have used electric toothbrushes over the years but I took her advice and use my manual toothbrush now , and my teeth are in excellent condition....
grey-me.jpg

I used to use spin brushes which are battery operated toothbrushes that act like electric ones. I noticed my teeth feel much cleaner with the spinbrush and it's more economical than an electric one and takes up less space.

Had Oral B but have been using an Aquasonic for awhile. I think it's more about frequent use in conjunction with a water flosser.

We recently changed to another dentist. The one we had for years retired & closed his practice. The change was to our benefit since he accepts our medicare advantage plan. We each get $3,000.00 for dental needs.

Oral B electric toothbrush and electric flosser which works with mouth wash rather than water. When I go away, I sometimes take a manual toothbrush but never feel it cleans as well as the electric brush does.

Back