Who’s bothered by seasonal allergies?

Ronni

The motormouth ;)
I didn’t use to be bothered at alwent my whole adult life never having an issue. It was only after I went through menopause that I started having trouble.

Because Tennessee has actual seasons I’m really bothered with them about 9 months out of the year, and take a daily Zyrtec, which usually keeps me comfortable, with the occasional addition of allergy eye drops.
My primary symptoms are watery, itchy eyes and runny nose, with constant throat clearing from the post nasal drip.

The weather took a lovely turn last week and got warm, meaning that the plants, trees and flowers started to activate. By Saturday I was absolutely miserable. Worst allergy reaction I’ve had in as long as I can remember. 😖 I wanted to claw my eyes out they were so itchy and teary! The tissue in my eyes was red and inflamed. Nose running constantly, eyes dripping, coughing and throat clearing all the time.

Finally got a virtual appointment with the doc last night because nothing I was doing was having any lasting effect. I’m now on daily Allegra, (a change up from Zyrtec) twice a day Zaditor allergy eye drops, and Flonase once a day.

I have everything crossed that I have a better day today!

Me. I'b boddered by awergies. Arowd here, der are no seasonal awergies, just awergies. Subding ith producing pollen everwy monthdt ob de year. De nose runth, de throadt coffs, de eyth are red. AHHHHCHOOOOOO......
You sound like me right now!! 😂 I’m sorry, it’s awful!!

Same here! Never had seasonal allergies until 2 years ago. I’m an outdoor gal too and live next to a wildlife preserve/ state park . My whole family has been feeling it. I take Allegra. My son takes Zyrtec and Flonase. Daughter and husband take Claritin.

For many years I was UNaffected by the seasonal stuff, but
now and for several years my system goes crazy...I live on
Claritan when it all starts floating thru the air..... :(

No allergies for me except for one week when the leaf buds come on in spring, and one week when the leaves begin to fall.
Just a little runny nose, nothing I can't live with for those two weeks.

This year's being really bad for my allergies. I woke up all dizzy a couple weeks ago and I guess allergies somehow affected whatever normal draining is supposed to happen in a person's inner ears (I guess). Took sudafed for three days until I felt normal, then it happened again last week though I got through it better because I tried taking benadryl during the night/early morning (when getting up for a bathroom visit), and that helped a lot.

I guess I should look into the medicines being mentioned above. Which ones don't make a person drowsy?

Back