who has cysts pimples blackhead warts barnacles etc.

and how to treat remove and live with them.--senior skin prioblems some sun damage and cancer no doubt wrinkes of course from weight loss and muscle mass loss I am pretty unappealoling without my clothes belying my sweet dispostion.

When I was in my teens we were not aware of what cumulative damage the Sun did to our skin
I used to go to the beach and lie on m y towel listening to the radio and every half an hour a jingle
would be played which went 🎶 time to turn so you don't burn 🎶
Didn't work because I usually managed to get sunburnt and then my burnt skin peeled....not a good look :confused:

I had two things removed.
26 years ago, a small cyst that was on my back for over 20 years suddenly became large & painful. I went to the ER to have it taken off in 2 visits. The doctor explained that you can have something like that for many years with no problems - unless your immune system decides to attack it for whatever reason.

15 years ago, I decided to have a lump on my ear looked at. It was there for 6 years. After getting several quotes around $5,000.00 for the 10-minute procedure, I saw a dermatologist in (believe it or not) Beverly Hills, who took it off for $850.00. He said it was a harmless fat tumor. He said most of us have several of them, but we don't know it because they're often internal. We don't like them when they're near the skin because they're visible.

A couple years ago when every other pop up or print ad suggested checking moles for changes growth etc and what to look for ... uneven edges. rough , itch etc........ i has one spot that seemed to show up.........so i made appointment ASAP .........
A absolutely striking young Dr came in and 15 seconds said " oh that is just a skin growth that happens as people age" .............."99.9% positive it will not become cancerous"........ did not touch it barely looked........

i told him off a bit saying...... "people are bombarded with skin cancer ads and this fits the signs we are told to look for....... and in 15 seconds you tell me i am wasting your and my time.."
He sat down on stool and looked at all or any marks on my skin and told me he thought those ad pushes were a bit over done too ........
most patients that did exactly like I did .......find nothing..... it will be awhile before i go back but appreciated his honesty ........after i made him do HIS job.

I get these growths on the ends of my ears that continue to grow and get annoying but eventually break off only to do it again. I have a reddish area on my right cheek that if left uncovered in the sun will eventually get painful and bleed. I cover with with a bandaid when out in the sun for long periods of time.

Sometimes I get outbreaks of what a dermatologist termed prurigo nodularis. I took a photo of a bad outbreak I had a few years ago. It better now, but my skin is never totally free of these lesions. Mostly on my jaw and chin area, scalp and upper arms and legs. I couild never figure out what the trigger is.

skin.JPG

He said there is no real cure or treatment for that. He gave me a prescription for some skin cream that didn't help much. They are more itchy than anything - like having the chicken pox again. If it was soap or water, I'd have them all over and all the time.

I get skin tags usually under my arms. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone but I sterilize a nail scissor and cut them off, put some antibiotic ointment on with a band aid for a day. It doesn't hurt and they are gone for awhile.
Best of all, no medical bills.

I had two things removed.
26 years ago, a small cyst that was on my back for over 20 years suddenly became large & painful. I went to the ER to have it taken off in 2 visits. The doctor explained that you can have something like that for many years with no problems - unless your immune system decides to attack it for whatever reason.

15 years ago, I decided to have a lump on my ear looked at. It was there for 6 years. After getting several quotes around $5,000.00 for the 10-minute procedure, I saw a dermatologist in (believe it or not) Beverly Hills, who took it off for $850.00. He said it was a harmless fat tumor. He said most of us have several of them, but we don't know it because they're often internal. We don't like them when they're near the skin because they're visible.
Win, I had this cyst removed after many years of draining it myself. VA doctor removed it and I had 8 stitches. Sounds similar to yours.
04756AA0-CE48-46FB-9536-559E77435554.jpeg

Win, I had this cyst removed after many years of draining it myself. VA doctor removed it and I had 8 stitches. Sounds similar to yours.
View attachment 147037
Probably the same type I had on my back. I didn't have stitches, however. The doctor stuffed something in it on the first visit, then he pulled it out on the second visit.
The other thing on my ear was solid & I got 7 stitches.

Back