Who is over 60 and still jogging?

I started jogging in my early 30s, after I quit smoking. It was a good way to clear my lungs and keep the weight down. I knew someone who ran marathons and 6 miles almost daily, in his old age he was stricken with severe foot problems from it and had pain even walking. Now that I'm in my mid sixties, the most I do is brisk walking, and I take some kind of walk almost every day. Easier on the knees and feet for sure.

I started jogging in my early 30s, after I quit smoking. It was a good way to clear my lungs and keep the weight down. I knew someone who ran marathons and 6 miles almost daily, in his old age he was stricken with severe foot problems from it and had pain even walking. Now that I'm in my mid sixties, the most I do is brisk walking, and I take some kind of walk almost every day. Easier on the knees and feet for sure.

Me, too. I either walk outside or on my treadmill.

Not me at 76. I do walk quite a bit including using the treadmill at the gym when our SC weather it too hot. I typically hit the rower for a few minutes and use the cable machines for about 15 minutes. But I have learned the hard way to keep it reasonable. Hip replacement way tough enough, but rotator cuff surgery was really tough.

Well, ran in and completed many marathons, half marathons and USED to run six days a week and rested on Sundays. Absolutely LOVED to run! Also, was a volunteer fitness instructor. Now my jogging......Can't call it running anymore.....Is confined to our treadmill. We have a treadmill because Sue "suggested" we get one because, after a jog on the city streets, I mentioned that the sidewalks nowadays have become harder.....And my knee complained too. Going to keep doing the jogging as long as possible. OR, until my knee tells me otherwise......Which may be any day now.

Back