Who is the classiest woman, ever?

I think her daughter-in-law Kate, William's wife, fills Diane's shoes pretty good. Kate is beautiful and stylish, I love most of her clothes with few exceptions. And she, amazingly, even dares to wear clothes again! AND she is very hands-on with her kids, like Diane, and doesn't hand them full time to their nannies.

If you just mean ''classy'' as able to look beautiful and stylish in clothes, then Audrey Hepburn gets my vote. But, as a human being, she was promiscuous and preferred married men just for the sake of dumping them

Oh dear! that was one of my choices. Read long ago that she was skinny due to malnutrition suffered when the Netherlands were under
German control. True-don't know, sounds like it could be.

Lauren Bacall is on my list

My sister was an extremely pretty lady, fussy about clothing, which I didn't understand-classy broad.
When she was accompanied by a male, she had the ability to apply air brakes when encountering a door; she would stand there with aplomb,
as the male scurried to open the door. I saw it many times, always wondered how she did that.
She pulled that trait on me, I would silently murmur, 'Damit, you have two arms;' as I too scurried to open the door.

Last edited:
Katherine Hepburn. I met her once on a hilltop of Mt. Vernon where she was all alone taking a walk on a narrow path enjoying the clear day and nice breeze. My girlfriend and I were walking the other way toward her. We all stopped and talked about my friend's plans to have a wedding there. She said, "Oh this place would be lovely." It was about 1971.

She was delightfully charming and friendly. We never talked about her being a celebrity. It was a little unreal as she was such an icon. I was a bit star struck and shy but not my friend. She was unaffected by the celebrity world. I could tell Ms Hepburn felt she was a breath of fresh air.

@Trade and @Geezerette --Eleanor Roosevelt was very intelligent, a very powerful woman before her time and her husband's right hand. She would get my vote for that. But, she was no beauty and not stylish, she's considered one of the homeliest first ladies.

I'm not sure if fuzzybuddy's definition of ''classy'' includes beauty and style, though.

@Trade and @Geezerette --Eleanor Roosevelt was very intelligent, a very powerful woman before her time and her husband's right hand. She would get my vote for that. But, she was no beauty and not stylish, she's considered one of the homeliest first ladies.

Classy is as classy does. It seems to me that looks and fashion are pretty shallow criteria to judge a person by.

But if that's what's important to you then here ya go.

Back